Thread: non restricted / pal application

CGN Regular

non restricted / pal application

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for a pal (non-restricted) and I'm confused with question 16. d
    4 years ago I was prescribed anti-depression medication to treat insomnia. The doctor never told me what the diagnostic was and I never asked.
    I want to be honest on my application but really I don't know how to answer this question. I've called rcmp but I got no clear answer.
    Anyone here in the same situation? would be this medication a reason to have my pal denied?

thank you.

CGN frequent flyer
    Based off what the application asks, I'd be comfortable in answering "No" to 16(d).

Even if they do ask you why you took the medication, being treated for insomnia would not be grounds to deny a license.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    Based off what the application asks, I'd be comfortable in answering "No" to 16(d).

Even if they do ask you why you took the medication, being treated for insomnia would not be grounds to deny a license.
    Thank you for your answer.

Would be nice if the rcmp would provide some extra info. I don't want to be charged later with something.

CGN Regular
    You could put what you just said as an explanation: "4 years ago I was prescribed anti-depression medication to treat insomnia. The doctor never told me what the diagnostic was and I never asked."

I saw a psychologist a couple years ago for a few sessions because of some grad school related anxiety but was never diagnosed with anything. I was honest about it on my application and it didn't seem to affect anything. Got my PAL (non-restricted) a few weeks ago. I wasn't interviewed and none of my references were called.

It asks if you were treated for depression, you weren't you were treated for insomnia. Case closed answer no period.

There are lots of drugs that are used for multiple things

Yer good to go, carry on
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo Joe View Post
    You could put what you just said as an explanation: "4 years ago I was prescribed anti-depression medication to treat insomnia. The doctor never told me what the diagnostic was and I never asked."
    Why would you volunteer any of that information? None of it is at all relevant nor is it asked for on the application. If anything, all it would do is create unneeded issues when some overeager bureaucrat sees the word "depression" and turns your application into a gong show.

@OP: Answer NO to the question.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo Joe View Post

I saw a psychologist a couple years ago for a few sessions because of some grad school related anxiety but was never diagnosed with anything. I was honest about it on my application and it didn't seem to affect anything. Got my PAL (non-restricted) a few weeks ago. I wasn't interviewed and none of my references were called.
    it is encouraging to see that they're open minded. apparently, my insomnia was caused by a job loss and actually finding a new one helped in the end.
    at the same time, as whiteoutjeeper said, I don't need to unnecessary open a can of worms.
    I keep you posted anyway.