Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: ***New to Canada*** BERSA THUNDER 9 PRO SEMI-AUTO 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Avenida View Post
    very nice! Thank you for taking the time for posting these.
    It looks like you can wrap your fingers around the Bersa better but your thumb does not reach the magazine release as much, this could be only in this picture though.
    how does it feel to you? Do you feel the Thunder being thicker than the Glock?
    The grip on the Bersa is definitely a bit thicker than the Glock, as you can see below (at its thickest, the Bersa was around 33mm to the Glock's 27mm, but the Bersa flares and tapers up near the top while the Glock is a block of wood all the way up).

Name:  Grip Base.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  Grip Front.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  Grip Rear.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  29.6 KB

However, since I have the extra backstrap on the Glock, it makes that grip fill my hand a bit better front to back. I would say I can release the magazine a bit more easily on the Glock, since the Gen 4 has the extended release and it sits wide and flat - from back to front it runs parallel to the side of the pistol, whereas the Bersa release is more button shaped and slants in toward the pistol as you near the front of its shape. Honestly, neither is difficult to use quickly, and on both pistols the magazines drop instantly and freely, with no grab. I have seven Bersa 10-round magazines, and there have been zero issues with any of them, including an easy load of all 10 rounds. With the three Glock mags that came with the pistol, I found it very difficult to load in the 10th round until they were broken in (I loaded them up and let them sit that way over several weeks).

The double-action on the Bersa is okay - I suppose if we were allowed to CCW it would come into play more, but at the range I load and rack it and pretty much always fire in single-action mode, and on the Bersa it feels really very nice indeed. The only thing I tend to find is in rapid-fire my fingertip starts to move down the trigger slightly (it's very smooth), and on reset you can feel the edge of the ball of your finger sometimes pinch a bit between the bottom edge of the trigger and the top surface of the trigger guard. I don't know if knurling would help but I may try a bit of grip tape and see how that works.

The other negative on the Bersa is accessories - I don't know what the holsters look like that Tactical has brought in, but the ones on the official website for the compact version look like they belong to another firearm altogether and just happened to sort of fit the Bersa so they went with it. The molded shape of the trigger guard on those holsters does not match the actual shape of the trigger guard on the pistol at all. Outside of that though, I think the Thunder Pro is an excellent value. I find it comfortable to hold, it's more accurate than I am by a fair measure, the trigger pull feels very crisp, field stripping is dead easy, controls are ambidextrous right out of the box (aside from magazine release, but that's a quick swap), and I think it's a good looking firearm.

Hope this helps you - let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by ArcticHound; 02-03-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Member: CSSA, CCFR, IPSC, and SASS.

thanks for posting this! Yes very helpful, I can see the differences and this confirms some of my fears.
    I had the opportunity to chat with Bersa's Champion shooter Gaston Quindi, and he mentioned that Bersa is going to make different back straps for the XT and Pro, he did not say WHEN though. I think that is going to be the icing of the cake, as I am afraid the pistol will be slightly too big for my hands as is.
    Anyway, this has been the most informative Bersa post I have found when it comes to comparing. I hope Tactical Imports don't mind that we have kind of side tracked this thread.

Thanks again.

Any Recommendations for Holster and Sights for Bersa Thunder 9 PRO

Got my Bersa Thunder 9 Pro recently and really excited to try it at the range. I am looking for two things. One a reliable Holster and second better sights so i can replace the ones on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by UZIAR15 View Post
    Got my Bersa Thunder 9 Pro recently and really excited to try it at the range. I am looking for two things. One a reliable Holster and second better sights so i can replace the ones on the gun.
    We're all just waiting for details from Tactical Imports on what these holsters actually look like. As for sights, the Bersa's are compatible with Sig Sauer #8 front and rear.
    Member: CSSA, CCFR, IPSC, and SASS.

Thanks Arctic Hound

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticHound View Post
    The double-action on the Bersa is okay - I suppose if we were allowed to CCW it would come into play more, but at the range I load and rack it and pretty much always fire in single-action mode, and on the Bersa it feels really very nice indeed. The only thing I tend to find is in rapid-fire my fingertip starts to move down the trigger slightly (it's very smooth), and on reset you can feel the edge of the ball of your finger sometimes pinch a bit between the bottom edge of the trigger and the top surface of the trigger guard. I don't know if knurling would help but I may try a bit of grip tape and see how that works.
    Thanks for talking about the 'trigger pinch'. I thought I was going a little crazy.

I experience this as well, and is it is a huge frustration with this pistol. I LOVE every other aspect; the build quality, it's looks, the cost of additional mags, the fit in my hand, and the accuracy. It's still one of the better deals out there.

HOWEVER, despite handling many other pistols, this is THE ONLY ONE in which I have experienced this behaviour. Interestingly, the Beretta 92's trigger is very close to this, both in design and in pull. Yet, no pinch. It's been recommended to use gloves or change my grip, neither of which are practical solutions. So much for all the muscle memory one trains for if not applicable to a single firearm...

Tried a little tape, but it ultimately did not make a satisfactory difference over the course of a day. Would be interesting if different grips made a difference, but alas, none are available in our market.

I very much wish this could be addressed. As it is, I'm keep waffling back and forth about keeping it and listing it on the EE.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myp1974 View Post
    Was wondering if you guys were back & settled from shot show and when you'll be listing the Bersa holsters on your website.
    Thank you.
    Sorry! Will be up shortly.

We will be getting kydex holsters as well in a few weeks as well. They will be left and right handed.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

I'd be in for one of the XT as well.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Holsters finally available. We also have some rubber grips for the thunder 22-6:
    http://www.tacticalimports.ca/firear...s-c-35_42.html

Kydex holsters should be available in the next few weeks as well. Unfortunately only RH Bersa holsters came, however the Kydex ones will have LH options
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca