Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: ***New to Canada*** BERSA THUNDER 9 PRO SEMI-AUTO 9mm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    This Bersa 9mm is making me forget a bit about my 45ACP handguns... JP.

Is there even the slightest chance that there will ever be a barrel(or top end) made in .22LR for either the BERSA T9, or T9P? If that were ever the case, this would an autobuy (if it isn't already...), and -IMHO- would be the ONLY advantage of owning a Sig P22x: the ability to accumulate a whack load of cheap trigger time WITHOUT having to reload.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billyz View Post
    Is there even the slightest chance that there will ever be a barrel(or top end) made in .22LR for either the BERSA T9, or T9P? If that were ever the case, this would an autobuy (if it isn't already...), and -IMHO- would be the ONLY advantage of owning a Sig P22x: the ability to accumulate a whack load of cheap trigger time WITHOUT having to reload.
    No plans that we're aware of, Bersa is quite happy with the .22lr they already make, the Thunder 22
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzy View Post
    I'm so tempted to buy one of these, should I?
    Yes. We're probably biased though
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Still sitting on the fence. Push me over? (Please! Don't! Argh!)

With all the comparisons to a SIG, I'm curious about the Thunder's grips.

As stated elsewhere, I'm disappointed how uncomfortable some of the SIGS feel in my hand. Always thought my hands were in the mid range area. Not sporting big meat claws, but haven't experienced trouble manipulating other larger pistols such as the Berretta 92. I've been told to try the SIG 226 E2 as it tends to fit smaller hands better.

Can you provide any direct comparisons with the Thunder to other common pistols?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Just saw this and got excited:

http://www.bersa.com.ar/pistola-bers...pro-xt-en.html

Any chance?

Further, are there any aftermarket grips for the Thunder 9?
    Last edited by Dr.Islay; 02-17-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Added link
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    yea, that with a set of quality wood grips would look like a million bucks!!! Very nice!
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

My Pro 9 is awsome but i would buy a set of nice wood grips, any avaibility... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    My Pro 9 is awsome but i would buy a set of nice wood grips, any avaibility... JP.
    You're one of the reasons I'm looking hard at this pistol. Saw many of your comments as well as your quick video (what's with the broken heart?). I'd value your thoughts over that of a retailer any day. A sincere thanks.

One of the questions I still have is the grips. Photos don't look like it's substantial, but with all the comparisons to a SIG, I'm a little worried that they're on the 'thick' side. Actually, as I peek at the above photos right now, they have a passing resemblance of a Browning High Power. Can I coerce any comments and/or comparisons?

Will be taking the Black Badge course shortly and am considering this gun. Mrs. is stealing my Glock17, and the cost of mags for some other options I have is not cheap.

The grips are not to thick, quite comfy actually, i like wood grips and it is always good to have a spare set.. Just saying. JP.