Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first purchase from Al Flaherty's

Transfers are actually going REALLY fast right now. I made another purchase yesterday (IWI Jericho 941 RPL) from (I won't say the name) a store in BC. I just called them because I noticed no charge had showed up on my credit card yet. I made the purchase yesterday, the transfer was approved yesterday, the the item has been shipped. Now, that transfer was requested BEFORE all the crap that happened in Ottawa today...

Sorry to keep posting here - just REALLY eager to get my 1st revolver!

Done business with Flaherty's a few times and never, ever been disappointed, they are a good group of guys there…

Thanks for all the great responses.

Now you guys need to go give them so positive feedback on the Google Reviews (type in al flaherty's as a search, then the reviews come up on your right)

I looked at their google reviews. Nothing that has not been said before about them and other gun shops in GTA. I said this in defence of Markham's Lebarron gun room before and I say it again; it is very a different operation when you are one of the few remaining gun stores in a city of 2 million with a hostile governance. There are walk-in people who shouldn't be in any gun store, armed robberies are a daily concern....etc.

When some complain that if you are new to guns they don't take care of you, what I read between the lines is: if you are a 17 years old with no PAL, fresh out of a 12 hours video games session, and you insist on getting your paws on a S&W 500 to do some in-store pew-pew, they won't let you do that! Otherwise, you will be treated right.

Al Flaherty's is the last remaining owner operated gun store in GTA and the only one that carries handguns, and a very good one at that. Dominic, one of the owners that I usually deal with, is a pleasant man and an expert in Revolvers and very eager to share his knowledge with serious customers. I personally make a conscious effort to send some of my gun money their way to do my part in keeping them in business.

The gentleman I talked to on the phone to check about the transfer was very friendly and personable. The kind of guy that you'd like to call back in the future and order another gun from. Some stores aren't like that. I've talked to some that are just waiting for me to finish asking a question so they can give a 1 or 2 word answer to get me off the phone. When someone makes friendly banter it makes you feel good about calling back / going back. I'll go so far as to say friendly customer service is more important than good prices or selection. Heck that's why I joined a gun club on the other side of the city (out of city limits actually) instead of one 10mins away. Friendly people who run it.

I'll definitely be keeping Al's on the top of my online stores bookmarks list.

(my S&W 686 has been shipped btw! )

I had a post office slip waiting for me when I got home from work. Unfortuntely I get home from work right about when the CFO office closes and I was on hold for 1hr 15mins before realizing the office had closed already.

Not sure how I'm going to get an ATT to pick it up from the post office I'll try on my lunch break (30min) today but if I'm on hold longer than my break, this could be tricky.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    You can't go wrong with Flaherty's.... I have bought several firearms, firearm parts, ammo, scopes, and mags from them with out any hassles.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

echoing all here - Als is a great place.

Al's is a good place to purchase in the GTA. Good prices and no hassles. I have bought a couple restricteds from them amongst other things (mags, ammo, etc.). Ordered over the phone and picked up in person as they are reasonably close to my workplace. I would recommend them. I don't forsee you having any problems with your transaction from my experience.
    You can't fix stupid.

Picked it up from the post office on my way back from work today! Would have done it yesterday but couldn't call the CFO to get ATT in time before CFO closed for the day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast