Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first purchase from Al Flaherty's

My first purchase from Al Flaherty's

I just made a purchase online today for a Smith & Wesson 686 revolver (6" barrel, 6-shot cylinder).

I'll let you all know how it goes! I didn't read the Google reviews until after I finalized my purchase and am a bit worried after reading them. Hopefully this purchase goes flawlessly so I can write up a great review myself!

When I called to question why I received an email saying the article was shipped already (I've never heard of a transfer time of less than an HOUR ) he said sometimes 2-3 weeks for a transfer to go through. ( !!?? ) I've only purchased 1 restricted before but it only took a couple of days.

Anyway, hopefully all goes well and I'll let everyone know about it either way. Fingers crossed.

CGN Regular
    I think he was on the TV show SCTV.

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkyx View Post
    I just made a purchase online today for a Smith & Wesson 686 revolver (6" barrel, 6-shot cylinder).

I'll let you all know how it goes! I didn't read the Google reviews until after I finalized my purchase and am a bit worried after reading them. Hopefully this purchase goes flawlessly so I can write up a great review myself!

When I called to question why I received an email saying the article was shipped already (I've never heard of a transfer time of less than an HOUR ) he said sometimes 2-3 weeks for a transfer to go through. ( !!?? ) I've only purchased 1 restricted before but it only took a couple of days.

Anyway, hopefully all goes well and I'll let everyone know about it either way. Fingers crossed.
    Our google reviews are a bit skewed, like the guy complaining about the temperature when our A/C was busted, but I'm glad you made the purchase with you, and I'm glad we could talk yesterday!

Likely the transfer will always be well under 2-3 weeks, but I'm always from the school of thought that if it takes 5 hours, tell them 8 so you look good

Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

CGN Regular
    I live near the store ad go in frequently, was there Saturday.
    Nice people, always helpful.
    You will be happy.

Al's is a great place to deal with. l've been in there a bunch of times, and always walked out happy. The staff are friendly, and they treat you right. Don't worry about the transfer. You'll have your Smith and Wesson before you know it. Congrates by the way

Thanks for all the replies!

As with anything - never trust bad reviews. People will go out of their way to give a bad review when they're not happy, but rarely lift a finger to go out and post about good service. Which I agree, is kind of how it should be. Good service SHOULD be a 'given'.

I'm a newly licensed RPAL'er and I like the layout of Al Flahery's site. Clean and simple. Quick to navigate around without tons of links everywhere.

The only other restricted gun I bought (from Elwood Epps) the transfer only took a couple days. HOPING it's not a couple weeks :D But with all the stuff happening in Ottawa today, I wouldn't be surprised if the CFO decides to halt all transfers for like a year.

I look forward to being a return customer!

Good people there. You will get your 686 on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Flaherty's View Post
    Our google reviews are a bit skewed, like the guy complaining about the temperature when our A/C was busted, but I'm glad you made the purchase with you, and I'm glad we could talk yesterday!

Likely the transfer will always be well under 2-3 weeks, but I'm always from the school of thought that if it takes 5 hours, tell them 8 so you look good
    Agreed! "To over-promise, is to under-perform"

I've purchased 2 restricteds from Al's (in person). Both transfers were completed in a couple of days. I was expecting longer, so was pleasantly surprised.

I'm really liking the last couple replies ^^

I've bought from Al Flahertys numerous times with no issues at all.
    Proud union member of I.U.E.C local 50 Toronto Ontario Canada.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast