Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New batch of Non-restricted CX4 Storms

Quote Originally Posted by 1895GS View Post
    What's the overall length?

How rigid are these?
    I find my sub-2000 to be extremely flexible. Which is not together a good thing.
    That's because a sub 2000 is a toy. Guns are not meant to flex
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

BANNED
    Why 12 % tax for Quebec?

Please be sure to sign in to your account. BC provincial tax is set as the default unless your account says you are from a different province.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomSticKs View Post
    Why 12 % tax for Quebec?
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

I caved and ordered one. Best price @ Reliable too!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    They come with Beretta 92 magazines which are for a handgun that happen to fit in the rifle. My CX4 rifles accept the Beretta PX4 handgun magazine oddly enough, which is good because it makes it great also having the PX4 pistols.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Tuco, you should look real close at your PX4 Pistol magazines.
    If they say PX4 Pistol on them(magazines) you will not be able to use them legally in your non restricted CX Storm.
    It is one of many silly rules that the Liberal gubernment created in the firearms legislation back in the day.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Tuco, you should look real close at your PX4 Pistol magazines.
    If they say PX4 Pistol on them(magazines) you will not be able to use them legally in your non restricted CX Storm.
    It is one of many silly rules that the Liberal gubernment created in the firearms legislation back in the day.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    How's that work when you can use lar-15 pistol mags in rifles just fine?

Ordered mine :-)

So these use the 9mm rounds? Whats the cost of that ammo like?
    I reserve the right to reserve my rights.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    How's that work when you can use lar-15 pistol mags in rifles just fine?
    Some reading for you...http://globalnews.ca/news/365051/loo...omatic-rifles/

Also Shaun, had to do some more research on this one as well.
    The CX Storm can use the PX Storm Pistol magazine , but it would have to have had the magazine well modified to accept that Pistol Magazine.
    The Pistol Magazine can not be switched for use in a carbine rifle and would have to be pinned to five rounds (Pistol Magazine) for use in the CX Storm carbine with longer barrel and it being the non Restricted firearm.

From an old post when I was researching buying on ...''From the RCMP web site , Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72:

3) Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre semiautomatic rifles and other (non-semiautomatic) rifles

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle other than a semiautomatic or automatic rifle, do not have a regulated capacity. Magazines that are designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and other (non-semiautomatic) rifles are subject to the semiautomatic rifle limit of five cartridges.

4)4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.''

But, dont take my word for it, do some digging and some reading...IIRC it was P&D that did a whole bunch of leg work on this topic several years ago and they had some useful information about the CX Storm magazine and the PX Storm magazine for the pistol.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast