Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Holosun red dot sight (Aimpoint Clone)

Any chance of getting the HS403C SOLAR model in? Just noticed it on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    We will take of any Holosun warranty issue long as it is purchased from Canadaammo.
    Canam:

That's a noble policy. How would it be fulfilled in the future if the suppply dries up?

I'm not suggesting it will or anticipating it. Also not trying to stir the pot. Just curious.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    I would assume send it back with a detailed reason what's wrong and a refund would follow

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXXX View Post
    Canam:

That's a noble policy. How would it be fulfilled in the future if the suppply dries up?

I'm not suggesting it will or anticipating it. Also not trying to stir the pot. Just curious.
    Interesting question since it's supposedly a lifetime warranty ...

http://holosun.com/documentation/

Just placed my order for the A model. (And an elander mag to get the free shipping )
    you forget....I am not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Just pick up a Holosun ( A ) for my HERA Glock / 22 little carbine... JP.

Are there any user reviews with this optic? How does it compare to the TR-25?
    Up The Dukes!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke878 View Post
    Are there any user reviews with this optic? How does it compare to the TR-25?
    I actually own both (the only two red dots I own).

The Holosun "HS403A 2014" pros:

- A more focused/fine 2 moa dot
    - Auto-on by movement feature (a good "flick" to the side with your rifle will turn the dot on, a great feature)
    - Auto off after 8 hours (never tested)
    - 50,000 hours battery life (quite a claim and obviously never tested)
    - Brightness lock (hold down the + button for 3 seconds at desired setting, dot flashes 7 times and stays locked at the current setting even if buttons are pushed until cycled off/on. Will also auto-on back to that setting.)
    - Two mounts: low and high
    - Low profile as compared to other red dots (no large dial on top or side)

The negatives:

- Crazy glare when a light source is behind you. The dot is still very visible but a red reflection really distracts the eye. I also experienced the same effect on the Bushnell trs-25 but not as severe.
    - Battery compartment is on the bottom so sight must be removed for battery change out
    - Must use blue lock-tite to maintain tightness of the mount to sight body. The mount will loosen after a few hundred rounds or a major temperature change. Also, the Allen head screws are only accessible from under the mount when using the low mount.
    -The biggest issue I have is when shooting with two eyes open. The sights center of horizon is noticeably shifted to that of your other eye. Makes quick target acquisition more difficult. With practice it is manageable but annoying none the less. I have researched this issue and found that it has reportedly been corrected in later models. I apparently received an earlier model. I also did NOT purchase the Holosun red dot via CanAm but through the USA via a big box retailer so warranty return is just too much of a hassle for me. A picture of the misalignment/distortion I found:

[IMG][/IMG]

Overall I would purchase the Holosun Red dot again. As compared to my Bushnell TRS-25 I like it better in every way except for the horizontal alignment issue. The Bushnell does have a very slight alignment shift but its very very minimal.
    Last edited by stvjeep; 12-01-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Photo link
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
    I actually own both (the only two red dots I own).

The Holosun "HS403A 2014" pros:

- A more focused/fine 2 moa dot
    - Auto-on by movement feature (a good "flick" to the side with your rifle will turn the dot on, a great feature)
    - Auto off after 8 hours (never tested)
    - 50,000 hours battery life (quite a claim and obviously never tested)
    - Brightness lock (hold down the + button for 3 seconds at desired setting, dot flashes 7 times and stays locked at the current setting even if buttons are pushed until cycled off/on. Will also auto-on back to that setting.)
    - Two mounts: low and high
    - Low profile as compared to other red dots (no large dial on top or side)

The negatives:

- Crazy glare when a light source is behind you. The dot is still very visible but a red reflection really distracts the eye. I also experienced the same effect on the Bushnell trs-25 but not as severe.
    - Battery compartment is on the bottom so sight must be removed for battery change out
    - Must use blue lock-tite to maintain tightness of the mount to sight body. The mount will loosen after a few hundred rounds or a major temperature change. Also, the Allen head screws are only accessible from under the mount when using the low mount.
    -The biggest issue I have is when shooting with two eyes open. The sights center of horizon is noticeably shifted to that of your other eye. Makes quick target acquisition more difficult. With practice it is manageable but annoying none the less. I have researched this issue and found that it has reportedly been corrected in later models. I apparently received an earlier model. I also did NOT purchase the Holosun red dot via CanAm but through the USA via a big box retailer so warranty return is just too much of a hassle for me. A picture of the misalignment/distortion I found:

[IMG][/IMG]

Overall I would purchase the Holosun Red dot again. As compared to my Bushnell TRS-25 I like it better in every way except for the horizontal alignment issue. The Bushnell does have a very slight alignment shift but its very very minimal.
    Had the solar model.. thought the major issue you listed was only confined to that version -- guess not!

Website says these only work to -10? That is a problem for about 4 months a year if true...