Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Got My Alaskan Scout: Doesn't Look Right

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    So, what we need is for Rossi to make these in stainless for half the price! I would be in for one and so would a friend!
    There are stainless Rossi 92s and Mroku Winchester 92s advertised on Wanstalls right now.
    I'd definitely shop in-store for the Rossi guns. No sight unseen rolls of the dice.
    I want to see the gun and check the functionality and workmanship hands-on before my money goes down.
    Wantstalls seems to have good ethics and lots of integrity and will probably support you if there is something wrong.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ez8 View Post
    glad they are making it right, but shouldnt the stores do a quick once over on the rifle before shipping it out?
    If Wanstalls is like most dealers the guns come in from the factory in a box and go out to the customer in the same unopened box.
    I ask that the box be open and that I be able to check the workmanship/fit + finish/functionality hands-on with snap-cap fake ammo before buying.
    If the answer is "no" my backside ambling out the door is the last that dealer will ever see of me.

dbl that and glad now I didnt pull the trigger on that deal...

It looks like someone took that baby out for a stroll. Definitely some bullets marks at the loading gate and rust that could have been caused by handling/humidity etc.
    Wow, very disappointing indeed. Something similar happened to me with a pistol once (different dealer) and I returned it. This ended being very costly on my behalf because the dealer never offered paying for the shipping back, as if in 'I was the crazy one for wanting to return the thing/not our fault'.

Anyway, I hope this turns out to be a good experience at the end. If it was mine I would be pissed to say the least. In the end, although hopefully the problem gets fixed, the experience has been ruined.
    Too bad.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    dbl that and glad now I didnt pull the trigger on that deal...
    I would have bought one for 1/3 the advertised price if I could go to the store and pick it out myself.
    Rifles with less than 16" barrels are of limited use to me as I do a lot of hunting in the United States.
    The US feds (BATFE) don't like the short barreled (less than 16") shotguns and rifles.

Unfortunately mine came in today with some of the 'rust' pitting. Bone dry as well, Not as bad as the Original Posters but still... Also I count 8 or 9 bullet tip marks on the loading gate. Some rust/metal filings inside the action when levered open. I bought this as a 'collectors' item. Work hard for my cash and just under $1400 for this? Guess I have to call them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    If Wanstalls is like most dealers the guns come in from the factory in a box and go out to the customer in the same unopened box.
    I ask that the box be open and that I be able to check the workmanship/fit + finish/functionality hands-on with snap-cap fake ammo before buying.
    If the answer is "no" my backside ambling out the door is the last that dealer will ever see of me.
    there is one sponsor on here that 2 yrs ago was checking every gun before it was shipped out, i assume in store pick ups were the responsibility of the buyer.
    im sure it adds time to each order but would be cost effective in the end, reduces returns, complaints and cost of shipping.
    IMHO
    ----------
    ez8
    ----------

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Dude I feel for you! Mine still in the mail. This is worse than not knowing " if the girl friend is pregnant or not! And her parents knowing! Damit ! This is messed up!

this thread should be locked since the problem is now rectified...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    this thread should be locked since the problem is now rectified...
    Is it? Another poster just had his arrive with similar problems.