Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got My Alaskan Scout: Doesn't Look Right

^^^ where did you see this

I was going to buy one of these in great part for how it looked. Not a chance now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    this thread should be locked since the problem is now rectified...
    There would be no need to lock the thread.....the dealer has already made good on the problem , and everyone seems to agree that the dealer in question are straight shooters , and stand up guys . The thread is still useful as there appears to be quality controls issues with the company that produces this rifle....it is good information to know before laying down 1400 bucks for a new rifle that may have quality control defects......just my two cents worth.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    There would be no need to lock the thread.....the dealer has already made good on the problem , and everyone seems to agree that the dealer in question are straight shooters , and stand up guys . The thread is still useful as there appears to be quality controls issues with the company that produces this rifle....it is good information to know before laying down 1400 bucks for a new rifle that may have quality control defects......just my two cents worth.....
    Absolutely agree. This thread has done 2 things: demonstrated that Wanstalls is a store you can buy from with confidence, and that buying Chiappa is risky, kinda like buying a Norinco.
    getting wet in beautiful BC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by close range View Post
    Absolutely agree. This thread has done 2 things: demonstrated that Wanstalls is a store you can buy from with confidence, and that buying Chiappa is risky, kinda like buying a Norinco.
    Yeah, but at least Norinco doesn't have the nerve to ask for 5 times what their product is actually worth.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt.rock View Post
    Yeah, but at least Norinco doesn't have the nerve to ask for 5 times what their product is actually worth.

Chiappa, Rossi, Norinco, Marlins all need to be checked and function tested before laying the cash on the counter.
    No quality control at the factory whatsoever though Marlin (Remington) seems to have pulled up its socks in the past year.
    You buy a stainless steel gun to use in wetter climates because they are supposedly rust resistant and these ones are coming out of the box rusty and corroded.
    If I was one of the recent buyers I'd be checking mine over carefully from recoil pad to muzzle crown and it would be going back for a refund if there was evidence of rust or corrosion.
    For $1400+ the gun should be perfect NIB.

Well...mine is due to show up Monday. I also bought as a collectors piece. If it is used at all im sorry but its going back. I bought it on a whim as first set of guys seemed happy. But there is at least 2 in this thread that are not good. I hope it's not the only 2 guys who have received them thus far. Lol
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post

Chiappa, Rossi, Norinco, Marlins all need to be checked and function tested before laying the cash on the counter.
    No quality control at the factory whatsoever though Marlin (Remington) seems to have pulled up its socks in the past year.
    You buy a stainless steel gun to use in wetter climates because they are supposedly rust resistant and these ones are coming out of the box rusty and corroded.
    If I was one of the recent buyers I'd be checking mine over carefully from recoil pad to muzzle crown and it would be going back for a refund if there was evidence of rust or corrosion.
    For $1400+ the gun should be perfect NIB.
    The finish is hard chrome. Usually a very durable finish. Applied directly over the metal, skipping the nickle layer that acts like a primer to fill in small imperfections.
    This is what makes it hard.
    I think what happened here is what was mentioned earlier. Probable media contamination when they were putting the matte finish on the steel.
    Then they didn't put any oil for transit.
    Bad combo.

First run guys are you having any problems with dainty finish or did Chiappa just totally drop the ball with this entire batch?
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

mines due on monday ill report