Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Got My Alaskan Scout: Doesn't Look Right

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    2) We offered a $100 rebate from Chiappa (which we found to be unfortunately quite low) so we matched it ourselves for anybody who wanted to keep the rifle with finish issues. Alternatively we offered a full refund.

Gary
    I wonder if their "Full Refund" was minus 3.3% like Gary tried to take away from me by saying the credit card company takes that fee for a refund. I would like to see them address that little scam before buying anything from them.
    Last edited by keitha; 11-20-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    so you bought one of the defective returned rifles at a discount and somehow now it is in perfect new condition?
    Most of the returned Chiappas returned were in pretty good shape, only a 2-3 were what we considered poor..

Gary

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmagoo View Post
    Sure! As everyone else we want it as nice as possible
    For the kinda money those Chiappas were selling for I want the gun perfect.
    I'll accept less for Rossi, Remlin, Mossberg rifles which sell for 1/3 the money.

but its a gun for god sakes it's going to get dinged up/ scratched and dropped .
    Yah, during use AFTER the purchase, not new in box.

i own more than a few guns and had every one since brand new, so how come all my other guns look pretty much new, chiappa comes to me with rust spots and pitting on top of the bolt, tiny what looks like to be rust spots from the front of the barrel all the way to the back, mag tube with spots and the receiver with spots does that sound like a new gun to you? and taking 200 dollars off is not enough not for me because guess what my safe is stacked with guns and none look like that

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    I would buy one of the returns but would need more than 200 off... maybe 250-300 no tax and free shipping....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    I would buy one of the returns but would need more than 200 off... maybe 250-300 no tax and free shipping....
    What's that metal finish going to look like after a year?
    It seems to me that the metal finish is not stable because there are electrolytic reactions going on among the different metallic components which have not been properly fixed and sealed to separate them electrically from each other.
    Could be wrong but I wouldn't touch those guns with a 10' pole.
    I would buy a stainless recently manufactured Remlin Guide Gun first for 1/2 the money

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Hey! Bar man! Another round for me and my buds will ya! Please! The divorce papers came through LOL!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I have a chiappa mares lage take-down 357 with a reflex sight full stock
    I went out to sight it in after I got it on target 25 yards thing went haywire missed my nex two shoots !
    What the hell I went up and had a better look my last 3 shot thy wear all in the same hole.
    I cant be happyer with my Chiappa by far the best rifle I own

Thread revival:

Calibre Magazine just came out with a completely glowing review of this gun in their magazine, with no mention whatsoever of the quality control / pitting issues raised about this gun.

Further contaminating the issue (pun intended) is a two-page ad for Chiappa levers / Wanstalls in the same magazine.

Before jumping to conclusions, and because I really want to cheer for Calibre, I have written them to see if they are aware of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Thread revival:

Calibre Magazine just came out with a completely glowing review of this gun in their magazine, with no mention whatsoever of the quality control / pitting issues raised about this gun.

Further contaminating the issue (pun intended) is a two-page ad for Chiappa levers / Wanstalls in the same magazine.

Before jumping to conclusions, and because I really want to cheer for Calibre, I have written them to see if they are aware of this thread.
    All the newer production Alaskan models I have seen have a different finish on them Almost a semi-gloss nickel look. Seems much higher quality. This includes the newer 44 mag takedowns and the 45-70 takedowns. I have handled both and my first thought was "this is the finish these should have had from the start".
    I would guess Calibre is reviewing the new finish rifles.
    getting wet in beautiful BC