Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Got My Alaskan Scout: Doesn't Look Right

No matter what, it is nice to see the vendor step up to the plate. We need more of that in Canada.
    2 Timothy 2:23
    Stay away from stupid and senseless arguments. These only lead to trouble,

The serial number is usually also printed on the box so being a new gun Wanstalls probably just shipped it out. Things happen, I have a small business and sometimes things go wrong. The really telling part is not if something goes wrong but how the company fixes it and this is where Wanstalls shines.

CGN Regular
    I was in there yesterday, they had one hanging on the wall, same condition as this.
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Looks used, that's horrible. Surprised it left the store like that for that price! Hopefully it gets resolved, no way I will ever touch a chiappa product now.

What in the hell?
    So glad that I got impatient waiting for the next batch of these and instead went out and bought an older Winchester to scratch the lever gun itch and pocketed the difference (a grand ).

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Someone at the Chiappa factory needs a career change.. and hopefully not the food industry.
    No retreat,No surrender

That is an awful finish for the price. Looks like it has been used for a good bit...I would be very disappointed seeing it like that.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by close range View Post
    Im pretty sure the box came sealed from the factory, so no fault of Wanstalls.
    I know Wanstalls will make it right but it sucks to shell out $1400 for a new gun and turn around and send it back. Considering there were only 20 made available for sale on this 2nd run I doubt there will even be a replacement available.
    Obviously Im very disappointed with Chiappa, this is not what I expected at all.
    Well I dont agree with it being no fault of the Store that sold it to you. IMO the store should be opening the box and taking a look at the firearm to make sure it is what it should be and appears undamaged. I went through a simular situation with a store as they shipped the wrong rifle and expected me to pay to return it after I payed to have it shipped. I no longer deal with that store, my first expierence with them was enough.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    This thread has been a eye opener for me, I have a 92 trapper that is flawless. Great fit, finish and function. This is coming from someone that is very fussy and has a eye for detail.

OP, I can imagine that this was a bid let down but they will take care of you.
    Same with me. I have the same rifle and it is flawless in fit, finish and function.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

I had something really similar happen recently.

I ordered a shotgun(from wanstalls), and when it came it was damaged. I called Gary, and he referred me to Daniel. I sent Daniel some pictures of the damage, and he told me to sent my shotgun back, and supplied me with a shipping label. By the time it got there they were sold out of that particular gun. I got an email saying that upon inspection the gun was damaged, and they couldn't replace it so they issued a refund. They said I could order another when the fall shipment comes in.

All in all, they did their job. For me it was a nothing gained, nothing lost scenario, just disappointment. I really wanted that shotgun.

I'm sure you will go through a similar process.
    Silverdale, BRRC