Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Super christmas combos....

CGN Regular
    anyone in the sea to sky area want to split a soviet combo with 74? cant afford another 4 guns, but if anyone wants to go 2 guns each an split crates down the middle let me know. already have svt sks an mosin 91/30, but could always use another
    http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=86642

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    what is the shipping?

Marstar now has this special marked as "sold out". Will those that have orders still in process receive their orders? So disappointing if I miss this 2 years in a row. early bird gets the worm I guess.
    Its time to collect NR

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidt64 View Post
    Why would you do that if you could legally buy a fully operational Ferrari? Your logic makes no sense in this situation.
    It is your money and if you want to spend it on a paperweight, I have nothing to say about that, but the act of spending money on a gun that was destroyed to a point of basically being a block of wood and steel with 2 removable parts is just like someone displaying a destroyed Ferrari in their garage. Your wanting a destroyed gun has made it profitable for someone to do so. The green peace part is just saying that (in response to some of the responses) the anti gun people have no problem with guns in movies or video games, they also have no problems with guns that are not shootable especially if they have been made from ones that used to work. It validates their point that you can buy historically significant firearms that are dewatted, why would you want a real one that is "dangerous". Atleast with part kits only the receiver was destroyed and you can see how the firearm functions, a dewat they destroy everything but leave the outside looking pretty.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Stray03 View Post
    It is your money and if you want to spend it on a paperweight, I have nothing to say about that, but the act of spending money on a gun that was destroyed to a point of basically being a block of wood and steel with 2 removable parts is just like someone displaying a destroyed Ferrari in their garage. Your wanting a destroyed gun has made it profitable for someone to do so. The green peace part is just saying that (in response to some of the responses) the anti gun people have no problem with guns in movies or video games, they also have no problems with guns that are not shootable especially if they have been made from ones that used to work. It validates their point that you can buy historically significant firearms that are dewatted, why would you want a real one that is "dangerous". Atleast with part kits only the receiver was destroyed and you can see how the firearm functions, a dewat they destroy everything but leave the outside looking pretty.
    I see the point you are trying to get at but I stil don't agree with it. I also wouldn't consider a dewat a "paperweight", it's not much different from the AT4 that you are trying to acquire that would never fire another round, it's cool to have whether it will ever operate again or not. I still don't understand your Ferrari reference either, the only thing stopping you from buying a fully operational Ferrari is your accountant, not any laws. I don't feel that the dewat market will ever validate the anti's argument either, it will just hold some of us over until the prohib laws are overturned.
    Last edited by schmidt64; 11-19-2014 at 02:56 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidt64 View Post
    I see the point you are trying to get at but I stil don't agree with it. I also wouldn't consider a dewat a "paperweight", it's not much different from the AT4 that you are trying to acquire that would never fire another round, it's cool to have whether it will ever operate again or not. I still don't understand your Ferrari reference either, the only thing stopping you from buying a fully operational Ferrari is your accountant, not any laws. I don't feel that the dewat market will ever validate the anti's argument either, it will just hold some of us over until the prohib laws are overturned.
    The old dewatts were not an issue and if they were actually a price that was reasonable would be interesting to own. New regulations for dewatts here make the firearm worthless even for educational purposes. You can't even see how the firearm works anymore.
    AT4 I am looking for is fully functional except for the lack of rocket. This means you can actually see how the device functions.

Forgetting the fact that you can still buy a Ferrari I am trying to point out that a dewatt is a destroyed firearm. It is like taking a piece of art and cutting a hole in it. It becomes worth its weight in metal, yet someone is making an arse load of money destroying firearms to sell to people who cannot legally acquire the real firearm in it's functioning form. By buying them we are allowing a market to open up in the destruction of firearms. Sure an AK is worthless anyways, so destroying one isn't a big sin, but soon MP-38's, MG-34's and other interesting historical firearms start getting chopped because there is the ability to sell them at a price you couldn't sell them at in a country that allows the real thing (even if it is just a bastardized semi auto version). If they are going to destroy something at least let it just be the receiver and have them sell parts kits, and plastic dummy receivers, like they have for the VZ-58's. this way sure you don't have a functioning firearm, but at least the mechanics are still intact and we can see how the firearm functioned. Dewatted firearms can never be used again, where as if there wasn't a market for it, those guns would be sold off in parts for people who are allowed to build said firearms.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910