Thread: 9mm ammo for Walther PPQ M2

Talking 9mm ammo for Walther PPQ M2

Hi everyone, I'm very new to shooting and would like some advice in purchasing ammo. I just bought a Walther PPQ M2 Navy SD 9mm 4.6" BBL and I'm wondering type/brand ammo that would be best. I have read that I should try to use brass instead of steel and there are just so many types of ammo out there that my head feels like it's going to explode. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    I'm wondering type/brand ammo that would be best.
    The cheapest kind that your range allows! That will allow you to shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

They say practice makes perfect.

I was getting factory reloaded 9mm (124 gr FMJ) at $240 per 1k but prices are up around $300 per 1k these days. You can usually get bimetal rounds a little cheaper.

P.S. Look up steel core, bi-metal jacket, lead core, and copper jacket.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 10-24-2014 at 05:30 PM.

What do you guys think about steel cased ammo? They are about $230 but are there any downside for using steel case vs brass case?

CGN Regular
    get some brass case blazer or federal american eagle. around $150/500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by CzechWeapon View Post
    What do you guys think about steel cased ammo? They are about $230 but are there any downside for using steel case vs brass case?
    Aside from reloading, case material doesn't really matter all that much. The problem being that steel case usually equals bi-metal jacket. You're probably talking about Tulammo, right? If you see your firearm as a tool and understand that nothing lasts forever than anything goes, as long as your range (if you use one) allows it.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 10-25-2014 at 08:54 AM.

BANNED
    If you want the most accurate ammo out of your pistol, you have to try a box of as many brands as you can. The price of said ammo means nothing.
    You will have to find out if your club allows FMJ's. Not all of 'em do. Including some outdoor clubs. Has to do with some morons hitting range equipment.
    Or reload. When you get into reloading(and you will sooner or later), steel cases are not reloadable.

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    steel cases are not reloadable.
    That's not entirely true.

Quote Originally Posted by CzechWeapon View Post
    Assuming the bullet is also bi-metal (usually is with steel case) your barrel life will decrease a fair amount.
    CSSA Member

Thanks for the cool infos.