Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quick Preview of NEW Product from Dlask Arms..

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Ok now it makes more sense to me. To be honest, I never thought there would be a demand from restricted 858 owners to have them re-barreled. I guess the real appeal to me is improved accuracy. Also, it would be nice to see more calibres offered somewhere down the road - an accurate 858 in 6.5 Grendel would be amazing.
    I would love to have a 858 chambered in 5.45x39 , the surplus ammo is dirt cheap and now with it recently banned for import to the US it may even be cheaper for us, it was selling there for $199 for 2000 rounds, but dealers never had a good reason to import it here cause theres not many rifles in Canada in that caliber since we cant own a AK74.

Id be interested in this. Are we looking at much of a weight difference between the current NR ones and your barrel? As well (correct me if im wrong) currently the 858 4V is just restricted and not in the prohib category if I recall, does changing this to a non restricted rifle via barrel swap change anything in that respect? Will the barrel be threaded? Lastly, do you do coatings on them or would one have to get them recolored elsewhere?

What would be awesome is this in a receiver to convert the Prohibs to NR. Can you sell me this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    People are passionate about the 858. We are passionate about the 858, that's why we are doing this. (And, just because we can. We rock.)

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    Prost!

Berger

Quote Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
    This wouldnt change the status of a recently "prohibited" cz-858, right?
    While we can work miracles with firearms we still can't fix stupid. (re:firearms regs) This means that unfortunately nothing we do to a prohib 858 will change it's status. However, we can change the status of a restricted 858 to non-restricted by swapping in a new 18.5" stainless barrel. We are in the midst of doing 3 of them right now for customers that had the short barrel but would like to remove it from The Books in Otta-Wer. So far it's coming along NICELY !

We will be looking for a company to offer Cerakote for these guns after we install the barrels. The receivers will be glass bead blasted to remove all of the original epoxy coating so once they are re-coated they will for all purposes look brand new. Slap on a NOS parts kit and BLAMO ! awesome new 858.

........"Best job I ever had"

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.

Will the new barrel increase accuracy ? Any picture after re-barrel would be nice. Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Hmmm... any chance you can build a stainless barrel for an XCR in 7.62x39?
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Guys please stay on track. This is not a thread on different calibers or different types of guns. No, we will not make the 858 barrels in different calibers and no, we will not be making different types of barrels for different types of XCR barrels. Just changing the barrel does not change the caliber of the rifle, there is much more to it than that and we do not want to open that can of worms at this time. We are just focused on the 858 at the moment.

We have made the barrels as thick in diameter as we can while still using the standard gas block and front sight. All barrels will be threaded M14 x 1, same as the stock barrel, with an option for threading 1/2-28 for standard AR-15 type brakes / flash suppressors. Because of the added thickness of the new barrels they will be a bit heavier than a standard 'pencil' barrel but not hugely so.

Will post pics as soon as the barrels are installed, pre Cerakote and hopefully post Cerakote.

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.

CGN Regular
    Very excited! I'm looking for an affordable restricted vz 58 to purchase and send in! Awesome job, you guys are great

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    who has a restricted 858 with standard military issue barrel length? sell it to me and you can go buy a NR length 858.
    Get some!!! ^^

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast