Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand Clinic CFB Petawawa 30 Nov 2014 DeBrief HERE!

BANNED
    Could you send me a pm with your email address and I can send you a newer version of the base map which shows P-141.
    Bldg P-141 is across the street from S-105 (firehall)
    Come onto base and take the first right onto Somme road and the firehall is on your right.
    Take the next left across the street from the firehall and P-141 is right there.
    I suggest just showing your ID at the gate and tell them you are going to the firehall.
    We couldn't get the range booked as a military unit has it so there will be no range practice...so no ammunition will be necessary .

Morgan

BANNED
    Well I took out my new to me Garand today in the middle of a snowstorm...it was just like Bastogne ...except that I had more clothing , ammo , sleep ,food, nobody was trying to kill me and it wasn't as cold ... but it was just like Bastogne ..lol.
    I recently bought it and all I did was add a new en bloc clip ejector spring and a front swivel .
    The receiver has been repaired and has some pitting but the new receiver will be put on next week here in Petawawa at Hungrys clinic.
    I loaded up a couple new 5 round en blocs and for the first 4 shots the round remained in the chamber . I could remove the fired casing from the chamber with my keys so I kept trying. After those initial rounds the rifle worked fine for the remaining 16 rounds that I had .
    It even went ping when it ejected the enbloc after the last rounds were emptied ...so no issues there .
    Might need some more tweaking yet but I LOVE THIS RIFLE !!
    Thanks again calamari for the fantastic deal you gave me !! .
    Last edited by chalkriver; 11-20-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Morgan, got the map and instructions are clear.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    In Ottawa checking out the air and space museum and the war museum with Rugerblast.
    We'll be in Petawawa at around 9:00 tonight if anyone wants to go for a couple of cold ones.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

BANNED
    Sorry I have a Christmas party to go to ...but breakfast at the messhall about 0730 sounds good .
    It is open to the public and the food is good .
    If you want a map of base send me your email address.
    To get to the messhall go straight after the maingate to the 4 way stop by the museam. Go straight through the intersection and take the next road on your right and it will lead you to a parade square. The messhall is on the left and is bldg. G-104 Normandy Court .
    for lunch we should get some Shwarmas from Madameeeks in the village ....yummy ...

Business Member
    Hey, everyone is en route so to speak. I'm in Minden Tim's right now with a wi-fi signal. Life is good. We are on track for the clinic tomorrow morning.

I will see you guys at the messhall for 0715 or so. I like being early. I'm shacked up in Bldg L-101 right next to the mess hall or just kitty corner.

Cheers

Barney

Was wondering where I would eat breakfast, mess hall sounds good. See you guys there.

Was at P-141, where did everyone go?
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavour the protected shall never know". L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

BANNED
    We were there until 0840...then we went to the bldg it was being held at (AA1) . I left a message at the firehall telling them if anyone showed up to go to AA1. Too bad you missed it as we got a lot of work done!! Five new barrels were put on , 3 chambers were reamed out and lots of little parts were swapped out .I cant thank Barney enough for coming up here to run this. You are a great asset to the firearm community Barney ! It was nice meeting some familiar faces again as well as making some new friends .The shwarma I had for lunch is making some rude smells come out of me but it was delicious .

Yes, a big thanks Barney, it is much appreciated. And same to you Morgan, for hosting at Petawawa.

Some photos of the day, unfortunately once I got caught up in the hands on work I forgot to take a bunch of photos.

Recommended reading:

Tools and accessories to get:

The "classroom":

Reaming a criterion short chambered barrel:

My rifle, a work in progress, still need to get the sights / optics sorted out and park the unfinished barrel. It was a pile of parts this morning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast