Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP Patrol Rifles IN STOCK

Also waiting on the .308

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Have not seen a lefty yet, sorry.

Cheers,
    Daniel
    AFAIK lefty's make up about 10% of the population. I've always found it odd that any company (Mossberg in this case) would willingly give up 10% of their potential sales.

Ordered one, hopefully I'll get it before the weekend

Massive "Hail Mary" request here, but any chance of these in .300 BLK???

Thanks.
    There are precious few horror films that couldn't be cut well short by a single loaded 12 gauge and someone with the sense to use it. -- K.R. Murphy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwi View Post
    do you know if your able to get the 308 patrol in? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IAFS View Post
    +1 on the patrol in .308. Would definitely like to get my hands on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIG FAN View Post
    Also waiting on the .308
    I bought one from another vendor on here as soon as they were available (308 patrol). From the start of the transaction it was a fail. It was listed as a 7.62x39 which got me interested in the first place.

when I got it, I found that it is quite heavy for such a compact rifle. This is due to the stock being painted wood rather than synthetic which it was also advertised as. Anyways, the fit and finish is poor. When I say fit and finish, I mean everything from the painted stock, very notchy operation of the bolt, sloppy magazine lock up (P mags), to what I would consider one of the worst triggers I have ever handled.

If it was a 4-$500 rifle this might have been borderline acceptable but it isn't and I sold it before firing one round.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Here are My first thoughts regarding my new .223 patrol from wanstalls. I took it out yesterday and all in all a fairly accurate rifle out of the box. Fit and finish are ok but it does have one of the worst bolts I've seen. I think I'll take it to my gunsmith to see if anything can be done. Other than that it's definitely a fun lil shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    Here are My first thoughts regarding my new .223 patrol from wanstalls. I took it out yesterday and all in all a fairly accurate rifle out of the box. Fit and finish are ok but it does have one of the worst bolts I've seen. I think I'll take it to my gunsmith to see if anything can be done. Other than that it's definitely a fun lil shooter.
    Does it have a synthetic stock as in the advert or is it painted wood?
    Last edited by OldWays; 11-04-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    the bolt on my 308 patrol was horrible, the only thing worse I have handled was a savage
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
    Does it have a synthetic stock as in the add or is it painted wood?
    it is painted wood just like the 308 I had

What is so horrible about the bolt? Looking to pick up a 5.56 model as a truck/varmint rig.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast