Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPAL conditions

RPAL conditions

So I just got my RPAL in the mail but it says on the paper tht came with it to detach the conditions portion and keep it with you at all time, the conditions portion says "you must inform the CFO within 30 days if you change your name of address"
    if I keep it with me at all times It will get destroyed because I carry my cards in a money clip instead of a wallet, do you guys carry yours with you??

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAX View Post
    So I just got my RPAL in the mail but it says on the paper tht came with it to detach the conditions portion and keep it with you at all time, the conditions portion says "you must inform the CFO within 30 days if you change your name of address"
    if I keep it with me at all times It will get destroyed because I carry my cards in a money clip instead of a wallet, do you guys carry yours with you??
    The 30 days condition is a standard condition. You only have to carry the paper if it has non-standard conditions included, and if that's the case, your card will also say that non-standard conditions are attached to the license.

Click the following link and read the post, taking note of what the Firearms Act police handbook says about it.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post10419914
    Last edited by Dakk; 10-29-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    "Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise."

My comments are simply my opinions and observations. I am not a lawyer, and any legal references in my comments should not be considered legal advice.

CGN Regular
    I don't want to derail this thread but what non standard conditions can they attach?

I'd be interested to know as well

Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread but what non standard conditions can they attach?
    I would suggest that your question should really be broken down into two questions:

1) What non-standard conditions do they attach to a license?

....and...

2) What non-standard conditions could they attach to a license (or what's the limit of their reach when attaching non-standard conditions?

The first question would be best answered by someone who has non-standard conditions attached to their license.

The answer to the second question is probably best reflected in the legalese of the Firearms Act.

58. (1) A chief firearms officer who issues a licence, an authorization to carry or an authorization to transport may attach any reasonable condition to it that the chief firearms officer considers desirable in the particular circumstances and in the interests of the safety of the holder or any other person.
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...7.html#docCont
    "Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise."

My comments are simply my opinions and observations. I am not a lawyer, and any legal references in my comments should not be considered legal advice.

This is an old thread but I want to confirm a discussion with the CFO of Ontario I had today. Once you have purchased your first restricted firearm your conditions that were written on the detached piece of paper become electronic and can be viewed by any police officer on CPIC(?). CFO of Ontario confirmed paper no longer required to be kept with license.

Quote Originally Posted by radar0069 View Post
    This is an old thread but I want to confirm a discussion with the CFO of Ontario I had today. Once you have purchased your first restricted firearm your conditions that were written on the detached piece of paper become electronic and can be viewed by any police officer on CPIC(?). CFO of Ontario confirmed paper no longer required to be kept with license.
    Unfortunately what he secretary at the CFO's office told you is contrary to the law:

If your conditions sheet has the condition of carrying the paper you have to carry the paper.

Contravention of conditions of licences, etc.

110 Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, contravenes a condition of a licence, registration certificate or authorization held by the person.

Punishment

111 Every person who commits an offence under section 110 or who does not comply with section 103

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
    (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...e-12.html#h-40

Whether or not you choose to carry it is up to you, but the law says you must if it is a condition of your license.

Shawn

Shawn I just read your information to the CFO of Ontario and she (different person Cherryl) said no you are wrong unless you have the term special conditions on your license, plastic portion. Then a piece of paper with special conditions would be listed for law enforcement to verify. Most of us who are RPal holders have standard and non standard conditions. Standard are advise of move in 30 days and non standard are the 6 changes to transportation changed by Conservatives bill.

The paper was no longer required after my first restricted purchase as the electronic update was done.

Shawn to verify this please call the CFO of Ontario assuming you are from Ontario and get the clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by radar0069 View Post
    Shawn I just read your information to the CFO of Ontario and she (different person Cherryl) said no you are wrong unless you have the term special conditions on your license, plastic portion. Then a piece of paper with special conditions would be listed for law enforcement to verify. Most of us who are RPal holders have standard and non standard conditions. Standard are advise of move in 30 days and non standard are the 6 changes to transportation changed by Conservatives bill.

The paper was no longer required after my first restricted purchase as the electronic update was done.

Shawn to verify this please call the CFO of Ontario assuming you are from Ontario and get the clarity.
    No I am correct

Re-read what I said. And you still have not talked to the CFO. Also they said the same thing I did

Shawn

So I guess I spoke to the CFO's office Not the CFO you are correct. Tomorrow I will call and ask to speak to the CFO to get further clarity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast