Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Ammo Can with lock considered safe storage?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    What I like about our laws and the firearms act is they are vague enough that they can be interpreted anyway cops or prosecutors want. Just ask someone who's been charged like Ian Thompson, who was charged with unsafe storage of ammo because he had it in his night stand... in the end he won but at the cost of $100,000 plus in legal bills.

So yes.... But you might want to rethink that and lock your ammo up anyway... I keep mine locked in both ammo cans and a locked cabinet, both are easy to access but require either a key or combination to access. Its beyond the requirement but makes it harder for some cop to try and get you charged.

FYI it is legal to have ammo & firearms in the same case, safe or cabinet, they just can't be loaded in the gun, the magazines can be loaded however. I keep my 9mm in my biometric safe with magazine right next to the firearm myself its perfectly legal
    ^ I agree, lock it up as securely as possible especially if you have kids, or kids visiting your home.

Wolf

CGN frequent flyer
    hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    ^ I agree, lock it up as securely as possible especially if you have kids, or kids visiting your home.

Wolf
    CSSA Life Member

if its locked and you cant open it easily without tools than its locked.
    "when you have to shoot, shoot dont talk."
    -the ugly

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Oh hey OP... I was in the Canadian tire in White Rock yesterday and they had Plano ammo cans for $5.99 regular $11.99

LOOKS LIKE ITS ALL CTs..... great deal, I have about 10 of these already, you can put a standard padlock on this or with a little reaming with a drill you can put a larger padlock... I get the 10 pack locks from Princess auto that all have the same key, works awesome and has about a dozen keys

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search...;viewMode=grid

buy cheap stack deep
    I'm swinging by CT tonight to pick one up

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    If it's in your house and not stored next to the stove or furnace pilot light or directly next to your unsecure firearms, then it's safe and secure enough Sir.
    Yup

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    I'm swinging by CT tonight to pick one up
    Unfortunately that sale ended Wed. as the new flyer starts thurs. I went a 7pm and had them honor the last sale price. Bought two.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

So even something like this would be considered legal storage?

I've just been using them to store gun parts and tools because I didn't think I could throw an open spam can in there.
    Member of the CSSA http://cssa-cila.org
    Member of the CCFR https://firearmrights.ca
    Member of the NRA https://home.nra.org

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Unfortunately that sale ended Wed. as the new flyer starts thurs. I went a 7pm and had them honor the last sale price. Bought two.
    I went last night (Thursday) at around 8pm in Richmond, BC. Tag was back to regular price, but it still scanned in at $5.99 Also picked up 2, there was only 1 left after.

Yes that would be fine, looks good I regret tossing my empty crates... Although I did turn one large one into a coffee table lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkinator View Post
    So even something like this would be considered legal storage?

I've just been using them to store gun parts and tools because I didn't think I could throw an open spam can in there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    I burn my old crates. Too bulky, heavy and occupy too much space.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123