Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter - Pics & Video Thread

CGN Regular

The Modern Hunter - Pics & Video Thread

So I went through every page of The Modern Hunter, thread and figured I'd condense all of the photos / video. I put the video together to hopefully answer any questions people still had about how the upper and lower receiver connect.

Edit: Production has started!

November 4 2014 update. In the interest of transparency Shaun is as of today an employee of ATRS
    Last edited by ShaunM; 11-27-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: disclosure

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    Awesome. This just went on my list. In fact, it just went to the top.

(erg... it said "pic thread", but there's only one page of pics, followed by five pages of comments. here's hoping for more pics)
    Last edited by Bad Lieutenant; 11-02-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    That's great to hear! I wish them all the success, they have been a great group of guys to deal with, and for the first time in my life in actually looking forward to February!
    Shaun, do you have any still pics of the selectable gas block? Or have you heard the extra cost on it? I know I want it if it is available. . Just waiting to hear on this item and one other little detail
    We are still trying to work out the bugs on it. Shooting the rifle manually requires a true effort as with the rotary bolt there is no "camming" to start initial extraction as there is in a bolt rifle. We may look at allowing a very small amount of gas to try and initiate extraction to the point that manual operation is easier.
    At this point however we are plenty busy making critical parts so may back burner the on/off gas block until we have more time to spend on it. The nice part of having a gas block is that they are very simple and easy to change out.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I had the opportunity to handle two of the first guns this weekend and snap a few photos!

Many thanks to the lovely lady who braved snow and wind to pose for the camera.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    I know we ask for lots of pic requests of different configurations but I also would like to see 18.6" A2 Stock with smaller scope(NF 2.5-10).
    You've been through all these right? http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post10684562

Personally I'm keen to see something like a Mission Link stock with a Razor 1-6 on top.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Is the price fixed or variable? At some point I'll be looking at a Valmet. I have to know the damage.
    The price is fixed and variable. Depends on what options you want on it. Feel free to download the pdf build sheet and play around with the options, and see how you want it dressed up. No obligation just to play with the build sheet, here's the LINK
    Also, here's the Modern Hunter Page for those that haven't checked it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Hey ShaunM, can you post pics of the basic model before any upgrades?
    Thanks
    Will do, but it may take some time.
    Also keep in mind "basic model" is a match grade stainless barrel, match grade trigger, and and built in ambi-bolt release. There's not really anything 'basic' about the "basic model" ;-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Held both of the display models today and all I can say is GODDAMN! They're amazing rifles! Really... holy cr@p they're nice :D

Felt good, balanced nicely, solid as a tank but nice and light, even the long stainless barrel with massive optics on top. Both are solid enough to guarantee that they won't kick hard, but also not likely to be uncomfortable to carry/drag around the bush. Now I've held it I can say I like it a lot more than the XCR-M and M14 for weight, balance, ergonomics etc etc etc. Yeeesh... I can't afford liking a gun this much :D

I got to hold one, no two, today!! Got to talk at length with Rick. Went over everything about the rifle. He showed me how easy it is to strip it down. I am stoked and can't wait for the end of February.

Thank you Rick!

Andy 6MT

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    I know you guys are busy and swamped with questions, and im fully aware you probably cant answer this question but im going to ask anyways. .. what is approx timeframe on the magnum model? And i know its relative to frt classification and current order fulfillment, im just wondering if i should order the 308 and sell it in 2-3 yrs when the magnum comes out or should i wait 6-12 months and hope it will be available then?
    Once we have the time after getting the Hunter into full production, the next project in this series will be the Modern Varminter, which if all goes well we should be able to submit a sample to the RCMP in late 2015. Then the Modern Magnum is the next project.
    Trying to be realistic here so I would suggest that we may have a Magnum version in about 3 years BEST CASE SCENARIO.
    IF the RCMP takes a couple of years to classify each variant, that may drag things on beyond our expectations.

I guess the best answer I can supply is to go with what we know exists and hope that what we want to exist happens in a timely manner.
    6 to 12 months is just not a possibility however.

The Magnum will be a much larger undertaking simply due to the fact that absolutely EVERYTHING will all need to be designed and manufactured.
    It recently came to light that AI makes an 8 round 338 mag, so that screws us for employing those mags as we had planned to.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Once we have the time after getting the Hunter into full production, the next project in this series will be the Modern Varminter, which if all goes well we should be able to submit a sample to the RCMP in late 2015. Then the Modern Magnum is the next project.
    Trying to be realistic here so I would suggest that we may have a Magnum version in about 3 years BEST CASE SCENARIO.
    IF the RCMP takes a couple of years to classify each variant, that may drag things on beyond our expectations.
    This is actually good news for some of us. If these are spaced out 1.5 to 2 years. ... I can probably afford to buy 1 of each as they are released, maybe even get the same custom serial number on each one. This just got real !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast