Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

CGN Regular
    I don't think wanstalls is going to say if it's legal or not. That's up to your interpretation. The last thing they want to do is you suing them when something goes down hill.

so do these count as safe or what?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mardig88's Avatar
    Nice storage option!
    Si vis pacem, Para Bellum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mshundal View Post
    so do these count as safe or what?
    as with any storage solution, that interpretation is up toy you
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonthas View Post
    as with any storage solution, that interpretation is up toy you
    I have to disagree a little bit. We can only see pictures... someone who has seen these up close and personal and knows firearms storage laws (Wanstalls) would be better qualified to at least comment on it.
    Parcels are sent via Canada Post and include $100 insurance and signature required. Extra insurance is available at extra cost to you per Canada Post $2.20 per $100 optional.

Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    I have to disagree a little bit. We can only see pictures... someone who has seen these up close and personal and knows firearms storage laws (Wanstalls) would be better qualified to at least comment on it.
    Agreed. I like these alot, but I'm not crazy about jumping into a pit of 'Liberal interpretations' that may result from vagueries of Canuckistan storage laws.
    I see it potentially playing out like this; "Hey there, little fella. Mind picking up that soap?"
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.-The Pigs

These might help out. Much thinner than the regular ones

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best price i've seen on them for a while.
    CSSA Member

Restricted Storage requirements: Attach a secure locking device so the firearms cannot be fired and lock them in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into; or
    Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.

Dictionary definitions:
    Safe: any receptacle or structure for the storage or preservation of articles:

Lock: a device for securing a door, gate, lid, drawer, or the like in position when closed, consisting of a bolt or system of bolts propelled and withdrawn by a mechanism operated by a key, dial, etc.

Key: something that affords a means of access:

I would say it meets the dictionary definition of a safe. There is no criminal code definition of a safe, and so no matter what you say it is open to interpretation. I don't remember who it was or where but there was a guy yrs ago who's safe was broken into over a few days while he was away. I believe he still got charged. I am sure someone with more knowledge will join in.
    I think you are better off putting a firearm in one of these than a CT stack-on gun "safe". If you don't know there is a safe, you don't know what to break in to

Quote Originally Posted by MCP View Post
    Restricted Storage requirements: Attach a secure locking device so the firearms cannot be fired and lock them in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into; or
    Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.

Dictionary definitions:
    Safe: any receptacle or structure for the storage or preservation of articles:

Lock: a device for securing a door, gate, lid, drawer, or the like in position when closed, consisting of a bolt or system of bolts propelled and withdrawn by a mechanism operated by a key, dial, etc.

Key: something that affords a means of access:

I would say it meets the dictionary definition of a safe. There is no criminal code definition of a safe, and so no matter what you say it is open to interpretation. I don't remember who it was or where but there was a guy yrs ago who's safe was broken into over a few days while he was away. I believe he still got charged. I am sure someone with more knowledge will join in.
    I think you are better off putting a firearm in one of these than a CT stack-on gun "safe". If you don't know there is a safe, you don't know what to break in to
    But anyone with their heart set on stealing guns would surely google gun storage options and possiby see these. I could spot on of those shelves now if I ever saw one and wouldn't need a "special" type of magnet to open it. There's nothing unique about magnets so it's only protection is that someone has never seen these before. I'd get something like this if it had a small hidden compartment that actually took a real key, or combo, and was built sturdy enough to be considered a safe. I think the magnet lock is a bad idea. How hard would it be to have a hidden keyhole?

You could always add your own keyed option if your handy

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast