Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Those wall safes look badass, I'm going to pick one up.

Here's the thing, we all know (or have a reasonable idea of) how the system works. If the police are going to charge a firearm owner after it took 3 days for thieves to cut their way in how much of a defense do you think you're going to have with your $199 Canadian tire stack-on safe that's thinner than a can of redbull, or, something like this? I hate saying it but if the police really want to they're going to catch yo for something, including that .22 LR shell ontop of the dryer (like was mentioned in another thread).

If you're going to buy and use something like this, and why not because it's freaking cool, than have the situational awareness to layer your home security. An alarm system/s are going to be a lot cheaper than criminal defense lawyers. The wording of our storage laws aren't going to protect you from being charged. You may not be found guilty but you're still out thousands. Moving your guns to a mundane gun vault if you know you're going to be inspected is a great idea.

if i remember right, buddy had his gun safes in a crummy apt that he didn't live in. the whole thing was bizarre. so i wonder if there was more to the situation than was public knowledge. whole thing was really weird.

that being said... with reference to your post.... maybe you should have written:

Moving your guns to a mundane gun vault if you know you're going to be BROKEN INTO is a great idea.
    Last edited by nntw; 11-06-2014 at 01:16 PM.

CGN Regular
    The deliberate ambiguity of the law is disingenuous. If anything, it needs to be made more clear by specifying the exact range of interpretation from one extreme to the other.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Those wall safes look badass, I'm going to pick one up.

Here's the thing, we all know (or have a reasonable idea of) how the system works. If the police are going to charge a firearm owner after it took 3 days for thieves to cut their way in how much of a defense do you think you're going to have with your $199 Canadian tire stack-on safe that's thinner than a can of redbull, or, something like this? I hate saying it but if the police really want to they're going to catch yo for something, including that .22 LR shell ontop of the dryer (like was mentioned in another thread).

If you're going to buy and use something like this, and why not because it's freaking cool, than have the situational awareness to layer your home security. An alarm system/s are going to be a lot cheaper than criminal defense lawyers. The wording of our storage laws aren't going to protect you from being charged. You may not be found guilty but you're still out thousands. Moving your guns to a mundane gun vault if you know you're going to be inspected is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    if i remember right, buddy had his gun safes in a crummy apt that he didn't live in. the whole thing was bizarre. so i wonder if there was more to the situation than was public knowledge. whole thing was really weird.

that being said... with reference to your post.... maybe you should have written:

Moving your guns to a mundane gun vault if you know you're going to be BROKEN INTO is a great idea.

The reason that guy was charged had nothing to do with the type of safe he had (or how long it took to break into), or what type and location his apartment was. He was registered as some type of firearms business, and as a business, his licence required that he have an alarm for the premises. He didn't have an alarm and that's why he was charged.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by electricjesus View Post
    But I am willing to bet a determined thief is more likely to get into a safe, than to even think "should I bust the shelves looking for guns?"

Fill the safe with dildos, hide the guns elsewhere.
    So when the RCMP come to inspect your storage and find it full of dildos, what then?
    Please film this day and put it on youtube...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    The deliberate ambiguity of the law is disingenuous. If anything, it needs to be made more clear by specifying the exact range of interpretation from one extreme to the other.
    Be careful what you ask for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    Le sigh. I wish I had some money burning a hole in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

CGN Regular
    The concealment is nice. But under the bed with quick access would also suit me fine. Would be nice if you could import something like this:

Amsec Defense Vault DV652

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Defense-V...se+Vault+DV652

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    swell.

buy and use and take your (legal) chances.

isn't gun ownership is complicated enough in this country, without taking on additional risk?

this, for example

is recognizable as a gun SAFE.

i know which one i'd feel more comfortable with showing to the leo's should i ever have a break in and firearms go missing.

A safe is only good for looks, if a determined thief wants your stuff, they will get it. Ironically that Sentry safe can also be opened with a magnet. A strong one, but a magnet can do it.

Gary... You getting more stock in of the wall/mirror units?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Could always call the CFO and ask them for clarification on the issue. They are cool and I'm getting one of each
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?