Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

Expried Business Member

Lightbulb Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

One of our favorite projects this year has been working with Tactical Walls to bring their fantastic storage solutions to the Canadian market, and we're happy to announce that we've received our first shipment of their excellent products. Halfway between furniture and safe, the Tactical Walls lineup is designed to provide convenient access to your firearms and related gear while blending seamlessly with your home decor. We were blown away by their setups earlier this year and knew we had to do our part to get these north of the border, and began working with our friends down south to make it happen. Tim at Tactical Walls has been extremely positive about bringing their product line to Canada and we've had a hard time keeping this under wraps (looking at you, Matt)!

To see some thoughts from the creators themselves discussing a little about their business and their products:

If you're anything like us here at the shop you pretty much immediately wanted one the minute you saw it. :D These are cool as hell! The build quality is excellent and they look great.

Our first shipment of these products contains the following models:

Tactical Walls 1450M Mirror Package

CLICK HERE

Available in Early American, Cherry, and Black

Tactical Walls 1242RLS Rifle Shelf

CLICK HERE

Available in Early American and Cherry

Tactical Walls 825PLS Pistol Shelf

CLICK HERE

Available in Early American and Cherry

These Tactical Walls products each have their own shipping value listed in the specifications of each product due to their volume and weight.

These units are in stock in Canada, so get some extra cool early presents for yourself before you go all out buying gifts for everyone else!

Cheers,
    Daniel

Indeed, cool as hell but I have to ask the obvious question. First do these count as a "safe" and second will they close up with trigger lock posts sticking out??
    Member OFAH, CSSA

if purpose built to store firearms safely, you would not need a trigger lock. that definition however is up to Wanstalls to confirm if they can....they obviously appear purpose built. I too wonder how sturdy they actually are
    Parcels are sent via Canada Post and include $100 insurance and signature required. Extra insurance is available at extra cost to you per Canada Post $2.20 per $100 optional.

Yeah I'm not sure I'm willing to buy one if I can't legally store what I want in there.. Is there any definitive word as to what these are considered? Similar to a gun "cabinet"? Would they even be considered lockable if you only need a magnet to open them? I'm skeptical you could even store a pistol WITH a trigger lock in these let alone without one..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    That's neat!

CGN frequent flyer
    He says 3.5 inches in depth for the shelves. Not sure if thats enough for a trigger lock or not. I know some of my combo locks may work. Im going to measure them and ill report back.

It would be super nice if there was an in between size for those of us with 18 inch shotguns. That big shelf is pretty big for just a shot gun and velcro side saddle (or a shorty mag fed would be sweet) but the short shelf is too short for legal length.

Cool products though. Id love to have one of those shelves above my bed.

Update: I just measured. All of my keyed and combo trigger locks are right around 2-2.5 inches deep when installed on a gun. Well under 3 inches (without key of course). So I think the shelves would work for a trigger locked gun. If your gun was NR I'm thinking the shelf itself would be enough to satisfy safe storage. Its a container thats not easily broken into.
    For an NR gun though, even if they came to your house, how the heck would they even know you had it. Heres my safe officer... thats all I have.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 10-30-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    He says 3.5 inches in depth for the shelves. Not sure if thats enough for a trigger lock or not. I know some of my combo locks may work. Im going to measure them and ill report back.
    You'll need to factor in the compressed foam and if it will pry on the shelf causing it to look distorted.

Also to release it, the shelf has to be lifted up a little bit. Gotta have room for that too.

Wow, really cool product. Yeah curious about the legality of these things. Is it a storage locker or is it a safe? Quick google of the definition of a safe - "a strong fireproof cabinet with a complex lock, used for the storage of valuables." Up to interpretation I guess. The magnet could be interpreted as a complex lock. Maybe better to just put a little 12 gauge backpacker in there.

CGN Regular
    Think you could work with the manufacturer to have "gun safe" written somewhere on the product (obviously inside for concealment reasons)?

The firearms act does not define a safe nor what makes one secure. So if the product was called a safe, it would be legal to use as intended, without some BS trigger locks on them. Right now the product name is (eg.) Rifle Length Shelf, leaving the classification of the device ambiguous
    Last edited by electricjesus; 10-30-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: I spelled ambiguous wrong

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast