Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

Quote Originally Posted by mosteaka View Post
    Those are pretty cool, especially the mirror. I wonder if the mirror has some backing or is just the glass, I would say there is something.
    But there is a big problem, how can one resist not to brag about them to whoever comes over, defeating the purpose
    The construction of these covers is robust. Mirrors are backed with a security panel to prevent access into your wall insert, and they are encased in a full frame for added rigidity and security. The magnetic locking mechanism is sturdy and well tested and protects your cover from being opened without a key.
    https://tacticalwalls.com/shop/1450-concealment-cover/
    Last edited by frankyflo; 10-31-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Expried Business Member
    Wow! We are down to only ONE black 1450M Mirror Package left and one or two each of the other colors, and one or two each of the 825PLS and 1242RLS in both colors left. Lotta cool home renovation projects going on this month across Canada!

Cheers,
    Daniel

CGN Regular
    Saving up! wish they had real locks ... even a small keyhole is relatively inconspicuous ...

Quote Originally Posted by yuuup! View Post
    Saving up! wish they had real locks ... even a small keyhole is relatively inconspicuous ...
    Anyone have any suggestions for how to rig up a more secure locking system on these? Does Tactical Walls offer an upgrade kit or something? Definitely want one if it could be made more secure. Love the idea of this but a magnet lock is a little weak!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    First and foremost, Thank you to Wanstalls for bringing these in. That said, I too have some of the same questions as others here. When you look at the post from Wanstalls with the applicable section of the act, I personally would think this would be satisfactory. They are designed to store firearms and they can not be broken into easily, as you need a magnetic device. They make safety products for young children with the same magnetic key, if it's ok there...

Anyway, I don't think there is a definitive answer that can be provided. If someone has these cabinets, and for some reason the police inspect that person's home... who's to say whether the police would find them acceptable or not. Depending on the circumstances, and even the individual officer, one might lay a charge where the other might not. Following that, one crown may pursue it while the other may not, and of course, in the end, one judge might be ok with it while another may not. It's unfortunate, but that part of the reason the act has been made intentionally vague, so as give law enforcement and the justice system room to manoeuver when needed.

But me, I like it and I'm comfortable with it. I'll probably take a chance. Thanks again Wanstalls
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Hi Daniel,
    What would be the chances that you could bring in the Fast Box Falcon from SecureItTactical.com. This locker/safe would remove most people's concerns about the lock issue and still more or less meet the needs of those interested. It may not be as slick as the Tactical Wall but there is little question about it meeting the definition of a "secure storage". I haven't been able to find any source for these here in Canada so this may be a chance to bring in yet another new line. A good friend of mine in Montana has one (or one very similar) and these things rock. You can secure it either directly to the floor or to the bottom of the bed.
    Just a thought.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    This is the act as it is written,as there are no definitions of "vault","safe" or "receptacle" found here, we can only encourage you to read these sections and interpret the act as you already have every day. As you may be aware Bill C-68 is full of ambiguous, subjective terms. Watch the videos and judge for yourself based on your comfort levels.
    swell.

buy and use and take your (legal) chances.

isn't gun ownership is complicated enough in this country, without taking on additional risk?

this, for example

is recognizable as a gun SAFE.

i know which one i'd feel more comfortable with showing to the leo's should i ever have a break in and firearms go missing.
    Last edited by nntw; 11-06-2014 at 10:53 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    swell.

buy and use and take your (legal) chances.

isn't gun ownership is complicated enough in this country, without taking on additional risk?

this, for example

is recognizable as a gun SAFE.

i know which one i'd feel more comfortable with showing to the leo's should i ever have a break in and firearms go missing.
    But I am willing to bet a determined thief is more likely to get into a safe, than to even think "should I bust the shelves looking for guns?"

Fill the safe with dildos, hide the guns elsewhere.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by electricjesus View Post
    But I am willing to bet a determined thief is more likely to get into a safe, than to even think "should I bust the shelves looking for guns?"

Fill the safe with dildos, hide the guns elsewhere.
    too much info on cgn members' (get it?!) private life.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Those wall safes look badass, I'm going to pick one up.

Here's the thing, we all know (or have a reasonable idea of) how the system works. If the police are going to charge a firearm owner after it took 3 days for thieves to cut their way in how much of a defense do you think you're going to have with your $199 Canadian tire stack-on safe that's thinner than a can of redbull, or, something like this? I hate saying it but if the police really want to they're going to catch yo for something, including that .22 LR shell ontop of the dryer (like was mentioned in another thread).

If you're going to buy and use something like this, and why not because it's freaking cool, than have the situational awareness to layer your home security. An alarm system/s are going to be a lot cheaper than criminal defense lawyers. The wording of our storage laws aren't going to protect you from being charged. You may not be found guilty but you're still out thousands. Moving your guns to a mundane gun vault if you know you're going to be inspected is a great idea.