Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how do you store your firearms?

CGN Regular
    Currently my pistols have trigger lock, inside locked aluminum case, and inside a regular storage cabinet that has a chain lock on it. Not the best system, but should meet legal requirements until I can afford a safe.

Quick question, if my pistols has trigger lock and inside a locked aluminum case, I can keep the ammo in the same cabinet, correct?

CGN frequent flyer airtruck63chev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Currently my pistols have trigger lock, inside locked aluminum case, and inside a regular storage cabinet that has a chain lock on it. Not the best system, but should meet legal requirements until I can afford a safe.

Quick question, if my pistols has trigger lock and inside a locked aluminum case, I can keep the ammo in the same cabinet, correct?
    wow 3 locks!! ammo cant be readily accessible to firearm... so if something is locked its not readily accessible.. if you lock your guns in anyway then the ammo is not readily accessible to firearm so feel free to store ammo anywhere if guns are locked. ..my interp of the regs...
    JESUS PROMISED THE END OF ALL WICKED PEOPLE
    ODIN PROMISED THE END OF ALL ICE GIANTS
    I DON'T SEE MANY ICE GIANTS AROUND

Everything NR and handguns has trigger locks, in CTC stack on metal cabinets. Ammo in a separate room locked in a stack on cabinet, except shotgun ammo, not enough room.

Overkill, probably but I'm good with that

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    I store my firearms in a UL-Listed and inspected gun safe that weighs 700lbs is bolted to a concrete floor and is fire rated for 75 minutes at 1200 F.
    My ammunition is stored right beside the safe in a locked steel mechanics tool chest. Some may say that this is way overboard, however I do have some peace of mind in that I can not possibly ever be busted for improper storage.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    I store my firearms in a UL-Listed and inspected gun safe that weighs 700lbs is bolted to a concrete floor and is fire rated for 75 minutes at 1200 F.
    My ammunition is stored right beside the safe in a locked steel mechanics tool chest. Some may say that this is way overboard, however I do have some peace of mind in that I can not possibly ever be busted for improper storage.
    You're lucky and probably don't live in the GTA.

As a person who lives in the GTA I know that if a gun gets stolen I'll get charged even if they are stored in steel vaults with walls 3 feet thick 100 feet under the ground and my yard perimeter enclosed with electrified fencing so I'll do my best to prevent that from happening.

My guns are stored in safes and the ammo in padlocked boxes.
    All of the above are stored in a locked room with one barred window.
    I own a trigger lock or a cable lock (lever actions) for each gun I own so I figure the best place to store the trigger lock when I'm not traveling is on the gun.
    So essentially my guns are trigger locked in the safes.
    Well above and beyond what the law requires.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Safely.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    I keep my guns trigger/cable locked and in safes for storage. I remove cylinders, bolts & slides & store in a locked case elsewhere when I'm too busy to shoot or out of town. I keep ammo locked in a metal cabinet.
    Last edited by promac; 10-31-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

With the actions removed, In a safe which is locked behind a metal door in a separate room located in an old 1950s bomb shelter with 4 feet re-enforced concrete walls, 10 feet underground, protected by a state of the art security system with Cameras, razor wire, an electric fence and an old beagle as a guard dog. Oh shoot... Forgot the trigger locks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Safely.
    Exactly. Mine too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Full Vault.

No replacement for displacement!
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast