Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mossberg 590A1 14" Barrel, Cylinder Bore, $599.95 w/free shipping

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    These are now in stock and ready to ship.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.p...oducts_id=4325

These are exactly what I was looking for.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotKing View Post
    I managed to snag one of the last ones! Can't wait to receive it.
    Good for you! A big relief now that you ordered it? lol

I made sure I was (possibly) the first. lol.

Like was said already, why live with regret after the fact?

A modified choke might have been nice but considering the range distance this shotgun will be employed at, I doubt it'd make much difference.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post

A modified choke might have been nice but considering the range distance this shotgun will be employed at, I doubt it'd make much difference.
    I think it will. Choke restriction plays a bigger factor in shot placement than barrel length does.
    I'll be shooting mine at targets up to 40 yrds. The modified bore will be greatly beneficial when firing both bird & buck shot.
    I have no use shooting targets that are 10 feet away. Its a big misconception that these only excel at very close range.
    The short barrel is for handiness and easy wielding. With the choked bore, these are surgical up to 50 yrds.
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 11-01-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post

Yes, I am so glad that I ordered it. The last few nights have been quite restless but tonight will surely be better. I intended to order the modified the model from the other supplier but didn't catch it in time. Called SFRC today and they weren't sure if they'd be getting the modified anytime soon so I went ahead with the cylinder bore. Like you said, the modified won't make a huge difference at close range.

GunNutz
    My gunsmith charged $125 to thread the barrel (one choke included). He already threaded a 590 Persuader for me last year.

Not sure if he will want to try again (the threading tool broke when it hit a weld). IC and Mod tubes seem to be ideal.

will these be regularly stocked items (or easily attainable by yourself) or is this a one-time thing?

I'm not a combat shotgun expert but I do play one on tv. I requal yearly with a cylinder bore Remington 870P. Even a JAFO new hire can put 25 rnds into a torso target at 18-21 meters without any fliers. I dont think it makes that much difference between the mod and cyl bore.
    I'm just happy sponsors like SFRC are getting cool stuff in. I just bought a 590A1 Blackwater edition a few months back after long backorders. I ended up getting one of these as well. I knew I might regret it later.
    “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Sheep spend their lives fearing the wolf- only to be slaughtered by the shepherd

CGN Regular
    Cylinder bore gives you more options for shooting slugs since some slugs will not pass through a choke (e.g. you can use full power heavy Brenneke hard slugs like Opal/Crush - in case you are lucky enough to find them in Canada of course...)
    Last edited by popper; 11-06-2014 at 11:33 PM.

I just got mine today. Its extremely short. At first I thought I might remove the handy-strap on the corn cob foregrip. I'm going to leave it on. Its kinda like having grab bars on the wall beside the toilet. You never know when you might need them.
    “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Sheep spend their lives fearing the wolf- only to be slaughtered by the shepherd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123