Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The Modern Hunter be my new rifle

Will The Modern Hunter be my new rifle

I am in an interesting situation ,My wife offered to buy me a rifle for our anniversary and she has seen me following (and drooling over ) The Modern Hunter build online . I love the look and design of this rifle as well as the calibre choice and especially that the design and company behind it is Canadian . Unfortunately I have never been a fan of the AR 15 style platform at all , I never understood the need to hang enough gear to equip a platoon off my rifle . I have seen some setups that remind me of a Swiss army knife with a gun installed than a rifle .Don't get me wrong I have no problem with it and if that is the way you enjoy your rifle than have at it and to hell with what anyone else says , it is your gun after all .It just doesn't interest me . I would want it with a scope rail and setup for a bipod as I just want an awesome shooter .
    Now the main question , will I be happy with The Modern Hunter or am I better off looking elsewhere . I am really interested in everyone's opinion ,you guys have ,collect and shoot these style rifle and it is this experience I am trying to tap into .

I await your input . Thanks

Shorty
    I plan on having Justin Bieber to sing at my Funeral so my Death will be the Second worst thing to happen that day .
    How come the only women that look at me like a side of beef are VEGETARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post
    I never understood the need to hang enough gear to equip a platoon off my rifle .

Shorty
    Then don't. Make it YOUR rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Have you seen the picture of the prototype rifle? A scope and bipod were the only things attached. Sure there is the availability to strap on more stuff, but you don't have to if you don't want to.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Regular
    It's your money. Or your wife's in this example.

An ar can be set up in any way you like. That is why they make the ultimate rifle for many uses.

If you have never shot one before I would suggest you do and then make your decision.

I will say there is a reason they are by far the most common rifle for westerners in any role where your life (or successful hunt) depends on it.

If that's what you want ( and it appears to me it is) then make it so. I'm sure you will like it.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

You guys are missing the point . I never said I never shot an AR , I have and can usually not embarrass myself and I never said I thought I had to put all the extras on the rifle ,just that I chose not to and have no problem with those who do .
    I plan on having Justin Bieber to sing at my Funeral so my Death will be the Second worst thing to happen that day .
    How come the only women that look at me like a side of beef are VEGETARIAN

Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post
    You guys are missing the point . I never said I never shot an AR , I have and can usually not embarrass myself and I never said I thought I had to put all the extras on the rifle ,just that I chose not to and have no problem with those who do .
    If that's the case I don't understand your dilemma.

I'm not sure if there is an answer to your question yet: if you will be happy with the modern hunter rifle. It depends on the role you want to use it for and if it can effectively fill that role. The issue is that no one outside of the people designing it has had a lot of experience with it. I can't tell you what it's like to live with a rifle that I've only seen pictures of. Maybe when it's been on the market for a few months and people have experience with them then you could explain what you would use it for and someone could give you some advice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    ?????
    Last edited by Brianma65; 11-01-2014 at 07:55 PM.

You get plenty of options, NR classification, semi auto, 10 round mags... The only bad news is the price! If you've got at least 4k burning a hole in your pocket then go for it. If you are a bolt guy, then in the end you will probably go back to your bolt guns, but you can always sell it on EE.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast