Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New regulations for transportation of Ammunition

New regulations for transportation of Ammunition

Please I need people opinion now.

The proposed changes to the December 2010 version are:

• Revising terminology to harmonize with the Explosives Regulations, 2013; as well as addressing the authorization of small arms cartridges with tracers, which can now be considered for authorization in conformity with the Explosives Regulations, 2013 for commercial sale if determined to be safe from causing a brush fire when used.

• The method by which small arms cartridges are authorised and listed on the list of authorized explosives (section 2.1)
    o 2010 Version: Small arms cartridges were authorized by calibre and projectile type.
    o 2014 Version: We propose to authorize small arms cartridges by calibre only. For example, .222 Remington.

• The exclusion of the National Standard of Canada CAN/CGSB 43.151-97, Packaging of Explosives (Class 1) for Transportation for the marking of packages of small arms cartridges in Limited Quantities (section 4.1 and Annex A)
    o 2010 Version: Does not make reference to labelling for transport in Limited Quantities
    o 2014 Version: Differentiates the labelling requirements for the transport of small arms cartridges and components in Limited Quantities.

Please find attached a copy of the Guidelines for Authorization of Cartridges (September 2014) which includes the proposed changes. If you have any comments or suggestions, please send them to the address below before October 30, 2014.
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

So nobody is willing to comment then
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    So nobody is willing to comment then
    ...so, we may get tracers?

Not sure what the question is exactly. It seems though that moving to a calibre only definition is better than including projectiles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    I would like some tracers

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

Yup that would work. No need for special permits, qualifications, TDG, when handling small amounts of unknowen projectiles etc...Opens the door to RDX tracer etc.? May cause problems. Would be fun

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    As soon as I read tracers I just started day dreaming of shooting at a steel silhouette from 600m with tracer at dusk

I will take a couple of cases of tracers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    I d pick up some tracers for sure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    • Revising terminology to harmonize with the Explosives Regulations, 2013; as well as addressing the authorization of small arms cartridges with tracers, which can now be considered for authorization in conformity with the Explosives Regulations, 2013 for commercial sale if determined to be safe from causing a brush fire when used.
    Sounds good to me, assuming that tracers don't end up as prohibited ammunition as per some other laws/regulations. Not that I care much for them, but they are not controlled for logical reasons so why restrict them? Let those that want some have them.

• The method by which small arms cartridges are authorized and listed on the list of authorized explosives (section 2.1)
    o 2010 Version: Small arms cartridges were authorized by calibre and projectile type.
    o 2014 Version: We propose to authorize small arms cartridges by calibre only. For example, .222 Remington.
    I don't know why it matters too much because it isn't the projectile that is considered explosives, as far as I know.

• The exclusion of the National Standard of Canada CAN/CGSB 43.151-97, Packaging of Explosives (Class 1) for Transportation for the marking of packages of small arms cartridges in Limited Quantities (section 4.1 and Annex A)
    o 2010 Version: Does not make reference to labelling for transport in Limited Quantities
    o 2014 Version: Differentiates the labelling requirements for the transport of small arms cartridges and components in Limited Quantities
    The definition of "Limited Quantities" will matter: if that is a single box of no more than 20 standard cartridges or equivalent (250 of .22LR) then I am not sure if it matters regarding labeling.

The whole thing with ammunition being an explosive, I don't know if it will make a huge difference unless some arbitrary number is made up to disallow an amount as being NOT explosives (100 rounds rifle or shotgun, 250 rounds handgun, 1000 rounds rim fire for example... but based on internal powder weight).

Sorry, but for the layman it doesn't sound like much.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast