Thread: Barrel Swap

Barrel Swap

Hey Guys;

Just a quick question on barrel swapping. I was thinking about getting myself a Smith and Wesson M&P 22LR and a .40cal barrel add-on. Followed by a Sig P226 .22LR and a 9mm barrel.

Any idea on how easy it is to swap barrels from one to the other and if perminate damage occurs every time you do it?
    Thanks for letting me know

HR
    "Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on indulgence of societies understanding" - Raz Al Ghoul.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Barrel swaps takes seconds for the P226. I don't own a M&P to give any insight but I'm assuming if it's like any other semi-auto, easy peasy.
    What damage can come of swapping? Zero. These things fire projectiles over 1,100fps at over 30,000 PSI pressures, ya think swapping parts will damage 'em? These things aren't Fisher Price or Airsofts... enjoy 'em.
    CSSA Member

Beautiful. That's exactly what I wanted to hear
    "Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on indulgence of societies understanding" - Raz Al Ghoul.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HayabusaRider View Post
    Hey Guys;

Just a quick question on barrel swapping. I was thinking about getting myself a Smith and Wesson M&P 22LR and a .40cal barrel add-on. Followed by a Sig P226 .22LR and a 9mm barrel.

Any idea on how easy it is to swap barrels from one to the other and if perminate damage occurs every time you do it?
    Thanks for letting me know

HR
    I very much doubt that a S&W .22 could have a .40 conversion installed. As far as I know, there is no .22 conversion unit for centerfire S&Ws.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunnerlove's Avatar
    The M&P 22 is 100% different from the 9mm and .40 S&W pistols.
    Service Rifle has been shot in Canada since 1864.
    The DCRA is the oldest sporting organization in Canada.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    I very much doubt that a S&W .22 could have a .40 conversion installed. As far as I know, there is no .22 conversion unit for centerfire S&Ws.
    Agreed, a S&W MP22 can not work as a .40 caliber at all..... For the Sig you would buy a 9mm Sig pistol and then a .22LR conversion kit for that pistol. As far as I know NO .22 pistol can be converted to centerfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Zanni View Post
    Agreed, a S&W MP22 can not work as a .40 caliber at all..... For the Sig you would buy a 9mm Sig pistol and then a .22LR conversion kit for that pistol. As far as I know NO .22 pistol can be converted to centerfire.
    Not really. Sig P226 .22 can be converted into 9MM, .40 or .357 SIG using a X-Change Kit, but it's not just a barrel. X-Change Kit includes barrel, slide, recoil spring, guide and a magazine.

http://shop.sigsauerguns.com/Convers...hange-kit.html

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post10661332

I know about the Sig and the conversion kit; but a friend of mine mentioned you can do the same for S&W M&P. You buy a 9mm/.40 cal and then buy a .22 barrel for target shooting. He might be mistaken since he's new to the sport, but none the less, peaked my interest. .22 ammo is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by HayabusaRider View Post
    I know about the Sig and the conversion kit; but a friend of mine mentioned you can do the same for S&W M&P. You buy a 9mm/.40 cal and then buy a .22 barrel for target shooting. He might be mistaken since he's new to the sport, but none the less, peaked my interest. .22 ammo is cheap.
    As far as I know, you can convert M&P .40 or .357SIG into 9MM. You can use Storm Lake barrel and 9MM mags:

http://www.storm-lake.com/products/barrel#top

But I've never heard about M&P 9MM->.22 and M&P 22->9MM conversions.