Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

CGN Regular
    Mine has a nice trigger, I haven't shot it yet but it has nice fine sights for grouse. The only thing was the take down tab was a little sharp and stiff but I fixed that in about 5 min. It really is a steal at $125, my 10 year old daughter has claimed it as her own already so it worked out great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner1977 View Post
    Mine has a nice trigger, I haven't shot it yet but it has nice fine sights for grouse. The only thing was the take down tab was a little sharp and stiff but I fixed that in about 5 min. It really is a steal at $125, my 10 year old daughter has claimed it as her own already so it worked out great for me.
    How did you fix the switch? Mine is really stiff.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverSkiBum View Post
    How did you fix the switch? Mine is really stiff.
    You need to remove it & file it to fit .
    There are 2 spring detents so be careful taking it apart
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mh434 View Post
    Just saw that CanadaAmmo has the JW-20 .22 takedown (exact copy of the Browning) on sale for $125!!!!

That is, by far, the cheapest I've ever seen these. I bought one a while back, and I absolutely LOVE this little rifle. Eats everything, dead-nuts reliable, amazingly accurate, takes down to a really short package for travel etc.
    Yup, I bought the NS522 at $199 and tossed the $125 JW-20 into the cart to get the FREE shipping! I figure the JW-20 comes in under $100 in this scenario and that's an AWESOME deal!!!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    As long as it functions and shoots well it will be a handy "beater"!

Lot's of people like the barrel mounted rails but I'd prefer to also have the option of the rimfire groove in the receiver. I've watched a few older one (.22lr) go by on the EE over the years but never pulled the trigger.
    Early Brownings used the cantilever mount so that the scope would remain attached and aligned with the barrel. They then tried the regular dovetails....but I've never been really happy with the alignment zero when assembling the gun.

The new series Brownings and Norincos will both use the Weaver 60A top mount base. P/N 48064 if you can find them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Couldn't hold out any longer,ordered one yesterday..I figure we'll soon see an'out if stock'sign on both it and the FS522. I'll be interested in people's first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    You need to remove it & file it to fit .
    There are 2 spring detents so be careful taking it apart
    I just used a stiff brass cleaning brush on mine and that did the trick . It might just have a burr edge that needs rounding off ... a file is more aggressive

Can you please share with us what the tricks are to get the barrel to seat nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond69er View Post
    I bought one of these from canam during the sale for my 10 year old.
    Opened the box to find it in a bag coated in oil I guess. So we took it apart in it's entirety (great way to teach the kids the ins and outs of his new rifle)
    First impressions I was very impressed with the wood finish. Not so impressed with the barrel lock up. It seemed quite loose. Another member pm'd me some tricks to get the barrel to seat nicely and it worked. Took the kid out to the woods yesterday and set up pop cans and balloons id say approx 50 yards and the kid couldn't miss. The smile he had was a tell tale sign that it was a great purchase! Haha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This mornings e mail from Canada ammo says my JW 20 has been shipped....I was beginning to wonder if it had gone astray,but I guess they were super busy
    I'm going to be interested to see if the wood on the JW 20 is a better quality than the FS 522,but even that was ok once stripped,sanded ,the oversize notch filled in,and coated with three costs of epoxy,then spray painted

I'm just wondering,although the JW20 is 'take down'is it better to just leave it assembled for accuracy's sake?
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 11-21-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post

I'm just wondering,although the JW20 is 'take down'is it better to just leave it assembled for accuracy's sake?

Nah , it isn't a bench rest .22 and few people will put a scope on it . It is a handy plinker that is meant to be taken down. If i can consistently hit pop cans offhand at 30 yds , call it good.