Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monashee View Post
    I just used a stiff brass cleaning brush on mine and that did the trick . It might just have a burr edge that needs rounding off ... a file is more aggressive
    Mine was way out of spec .
    But like I said a little file work & it's fine now .
    They are not a Browning but pretty good for a Norinco
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I must say I really like this little rifle, and am pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish.Its nicely balanced and just the thing to tuck under your arm and go for a walk in the woods.My only challange is my eyes,I just can't use open sight anymore,so it's either a scope of a red dot.

The only other option is replacing the rear sight with a 'Bulls eye'ghost ring(Brownells),or using JB weld to attach a small thick washer or a drilled spacer to the existing sight which actually works surprisingly well.Give it a quick shot of dull black paint and it doesn't look bad either.its not perfect but at the typical small game /plinking range it's quite functional and a great improvement over the open sights.

Now I just have to find some rabbits...
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 11-22-2014 at 11:30 AM.

MMMMMMMmmmmm RABBITS
    Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    I must say I really like this little rifle, and am pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish.Its nicely balanced and just the thing to tuck under your arm and go for a walk in the woods.My only challange is my eyes,I just can't use open sight anymore,so it's either a scope of a red dot.

The only other option is replacing the rear sight with a 'Bulls eye'ghost ring(Brownells),or using JB weld to attach a small thick washer or a drilled spacer to the existing sight which actually works surprisingly well.Give it a quick shot of dull black paint and it doesn't look bad either.its not perfect but at the typical small game /plinking range it's quite functional and a great improvement over the open sights.

Now I just have to find some rabbits...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Small problem,when I first got the rifle,I wiped off the oil,ran some brake cleaner through it,wiped it down again and run a couple if patches through the barrel,then loaded single bullets and fired it with no issues.

So this morning I started to clean it a bit better,took the forend and barrel off and cleaned up the notch that was gritty and stiff ,put it back together,loaded a shell, but it wouldn't fire..the firing pin strikes,but quite light,what did I do wrong?the barrel is tight,so it's not that

Small problem,when I first got the rifle,I wiped off the oil,ran some brake cleaner through it,wiped it down again and run a couple if patches through the barrel,then loaded single bullets and fired it with no issues.

So this morning I started to clean it a bit better,took the forend and barrel off and cleaned up the notch that was gritty and stiff ,put it back together,loaded a shell, but it wouldn't fire..the firing pin strikes,but quite light,what did I do wrong?the barrel is tight,so it's not that
    My guess: a bit of grit trapped in with the firing pin.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Did you take the trigger assembly out and break it all down and clean all the cosmoline out of all the springs? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVFu_IiqcK0 This will help you with taking it apart and putting it back together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    No,I haven't stripped down the trigger assembly,I am somewhat daunted by that....all I have find is spray brake cleaner in and wipe it down.

somewhere on hwy 97 between Kelowna and Penticton
    well it seems somebody gave me a good excuse to get that rough use knife.and free shipping my wife is gonna be so happy!
    sometimes you just gotta blastacap in a tree!
    FACEBOOK JOIN US https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stevie-Pee-Outdoor-Life/130730187076704
    www.youtube.com/user/SteviePeeOutDoorLife?feature=mhum[/url]
    www.youtube.com/user/KingOfAwesomer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NintendoDuckHunt87's Avatar
    Is it a semi? I can't tell from the pic and there's not much of a description.
    May our shots be true and timely, Our observations keen. May our bark roll out like thunder, in the name of home and Queen. May the ranks of tanks and bayonets pay heed to the power of the guns. For all the lords of battle, We are the chosen ones.

CGN Regular
    Its a semi.