Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

CGN Regular
    Thanks! That worked perfectly !

Quote Originally Posted by mewse View Post
    I used an allen key as a bar across the notches, and then a needle-nose plier to do the twisting.

Can anyone shed more light on how to un-stuck the takedown lock? Someone in one of these threads mentioned hitting it with a punch and then sanding it a bit so it won't get stuck again, but I don't know how it's supposed to move before I hit it with a punch..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    I picked up mine yesterday at CanPar. Packaging was fine. Took it out of the styrofoam, turned it around and the stock is ####ed. No word yet from CanAm since they were emailed yesterday. Followed up with a call just now.

Is the broken off piece in the plastic bag?
    “The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.” — Delos B. McKown
    CSSA member

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    That sucks because the rifle is beautiful if undamaged!

I'm awaiting arrival of my 2nd order & I hope it arrives undamaged...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    Quote Originally Posted by rustysdream View Post
    Is the broken off piece in the plastic bag?
    yes, but it's still not good.

CGN Regular
    Mine is in pieces now ready to remove the cosmo and I cant find anything wrong on the wood/metal.. in fact Im suprised the fit and finish is that good for that price, even at 300 I would think its a great buy

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStalker View Post
    Mine is in pieces now ready to remove the cosmo and I cant find anything wrong on the wood/metal.. in fact Im suprised the fit and finish is that good for that price, even at 300 I would think its a great buy
    Agreed! And, THAT's why I bought a second one! Now, if Xmas can just get here... It's my present... And I was only allowed to open the box to confirm it was not damaged... I'm like a kid the night before Xmas, all over a $125 rifle! Chuckle

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular
    haha that means Im a cheater !

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Agreed! And, THAT's why I bought a second one! Now, if Xmas can just get here... It's my present... And I was only allowed to open the box to confirm it was not damaged... I'm like a kid the night before Xmas, all over a $125 rifle! Chuckle

Cheers
    Jay

I picked up a couple of these rifles, overall they are my favorite .22lr. The metal parts are great, never had a fault there but the wood does crack really easily as it's a well finished but cheap type of wood.

The big benefit of these is that you can swap barrels back and forth between a single action. Using weaver 60a mounts ($10.99) I set up a red dot on one and a scope on the other. If you are out hunting you can just pack up one action and two barrels for maximum choice when hunting. I'm hoping to carve some new wood stocks for them in the spring, it's a challenging type to carve because of the internal magazine but well worth it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Might be worth finding some Browning wood?
    Edit, quick look at Brownells (out of stock) lists for $250 rear and $120 front... !
    Last edited by Can-down; 11-29-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.