Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kzauger View Post
    thats what I thought too but I have concerns that the barrel ring will rattle off and get lost . there's really nothing keeping the ring on so is it a good quad gun if this can happen.
    hi kzauger, if you are referring to the threaded ring that tightens the receiver to the barrel it shouldn't be a concern as on mine the forestock holds it from adjusting itself, maybe if that's the part you are referring to and your forestock doesn't pinch the adjuster so to speak you could add something between the adjuster and forestock so it cant move, also anytime I load a gun in the quad, motorcycle or boat I pull an old pair of socks over both ends if its not in a case, in this case one large winter sock for each half completely covers the rifle, it keeps it from banging around and if anything rattles off its in the sock {unless your old socks have a hole, pick a pair that don't, lol}

CGN Regular
    I cut the arms off my kids wetsuit ( she outgrew it) sewed the wrists shut ...makes a great sleeve for transporting the parts...and is kinda cushioned as well

...first time I took the rifle apart the barrel adjusting ring popped off allowing the spring and plunger to emerge at good velocity, fortunately the cat found them,I put them and the barrel locking spring and plunger back in with a dab of thick grease in the respective holes and they have not jumped out again...I know it has nothing to do with the grease...but ..whatever

Quote Originally Posted by westarm View Post
    hi kzauger, if you are referring to the threaded ring that tightens the receiver to the barrel it shouldn't be a concern as on mine the forestock holds it from adjusting itself, maybe if that's the part you are referring to and your forestock doesn't pinch the adjuster so to speak you could add something between the adjuster and forestock so it cant move, also anytime I load a gun in the quad, motorcycle or boat I pull an old pair of socks over both ends if its not in a case, in this case one large winter sock for each half completely covers the rifle, it keeps it from banging around and if anything rattles off its in the sock {unless your old socks have a hole, pick a pair that don't, lol}
    I always keep a roll of tape in the quad, so I guess a wrap of tape over the end will hold everything in place. Im thinking that a good quad 22 should be foldable or a put together like the jw20 but I shouldnt worry about it rattling apart. Im not a big chiappa fan but its about the next best thing that wont rattle apart.

Finally got my two JW20 yesterday, looks very good.
    Thank you CanAmmo!

Got mine a couple days ago. All cleaned and ready to go. All good thing come to an end...............I see they are now out of stock.

I received my second one few days ago but didn't have the time to open the box till tonight. Rifle is in prefect condition .Even the take down switch working as it should. thank you Canada ammo.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    I finally got to handle my JW20, it was my Christmas present... It looks great & only thing out of order was the buttstock was loose, so I used a looney to tighten it... For anyone wondering how, just remove the magazine tube from the buttstock & tighten from there with the looney.

I'm going to clean it up & hopefully hit the range soon for a function test! For $125, this was a GREAT deal!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DVXDUDE's Avatar
    Love my Jw-20's. Took both of mine to my dad's yesturday for christmas. Put them both side by side to his Browning. The only difference in looks is the Browning has a bit nicer grain in the stock. I have to look at them for a few seconds to figure out the difference between the Belgium or the Chinese.
    Jesus was a carpenter....but, his father's an IRONWORKER

got mine in the mail a few weeks ago and finally got the green light to give my nephew his first rifle. The only regret that I have is I didn't buy a few more.

BANNED
    Got my 2 the other day,,,but one has a crack in the pistol grip area,,,the other has a practicly seized take down lever,,,have to pry it with something to get it to take down,,,not exactly high quality riffles,,but then again,,at $125.00 each,,can't exactly expect too much,,,LOL...it's definitely NOT a Browning,,,hopefully Canada Ammo will take care of my issues when they reopen,,not really that big a deal,,but i doubt i'll buy any chinese weapons again,,LOL..the quality isn't exactly something to brag about,,but the price is right,,