Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-20 - Unbelievable price!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    I know right.....

Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I have forwarded your email to Dan in parts to check.
    thank you very much . I just cant believe I did what I did, I was so pleased with both rifles. I did recover the mechanism but not the springs or pins.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStalker View Post
    Just to make sure, stripping the jw20 and letting all parts soak in Varsol will not damage the wood ?
    Please think twice before soaking anything wood in any liquid especially a solvent. That is one lesson you do not want to learn

CGN Regular
    haha ok !

Thing is I never had a rifle with that much cosmoline so thats why I searched the web and it said mineral spirits = varsol and then in another video the guy let his parts soak overnight (metal only though).. but with the jw20 Im not sure you can take off the wood parts. Just trying to find the best way to remove all the grease off the rifle.

Thanks for the tips

haha ok !

Thing is I never had a rifle with that much cosmoline so thats why I searched the web and it said mineral spirits = varsol and then in another video the guy let his parts soak overnight (metal only though).. but with the jw20 Im not sure you can take off the wood parts. Just trying to find the best way to remove all the grease off the rifle.

Thanks for the tips
    You most certainly can remove the wood, quite easily. Forearm is pretty obvious with the 1 single screw that holds it in place. Buttstock even though you don't need to take it off you can, remove the inner tube follower from buttstock and then the slotted retaining collar is treaded to remove. Also can be used to snug up the action to the stock if yours is slightly loose (mine was). Be warned that if you decide to remove the buttstock you have to be sure to line up the side loading port of the inner mag tube when you put it all back together. My opinion, just do a field strip and use Simple Green as stated. Run some patches down the bore and reassemble and enjoy!

CGN Regular
    I stripped everything except the buttstock, to remove it is the circular thing in the buttstock to be unscrewed ?

I stripped everything except the buttstock, to remove it is the circular thing in the buttstock to be unscrewed ?
    yes

CGN Regular
    Thanks, what did you guys do to unscrew that buttstock screw ? I tried with a quarter as mentionned on a forum and its way too tight, doesnt move a bit..

Thanks, what did you guys do to unscrew that buttstock screw ? I tried with a quarter as mentionned on a forum and its way too tight, doesnt move a bit..
    I used an allen key as a bar across the notches, and then a needle-nose plier to do the twisting.

Can anyone shed more light on how to un-stuck the takedown lock? Someone in one of these threads mentioned hitting it with a punch and then sanding it a bit so it won't get stuck again, but I don't know how it's supposed to move before I hit it with a punch..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    It moves forward to breakdown.
    There are good takedown video's on youtube that are worth watching.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.