Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pal and rpal tests ?

pal and rpal tests ?

so ive looked online and pretty much every site i go to says you can challange your pal and rpal at the same time but i went down do the local gun store today and was told i had to have my pal first ( clarifacation i live in ontario ) could really use the help trying to get my head around all the laws

BANNED
    Hi. You have to pass the PAL test before you can do the RPAL. Both can be done on the same day, but it's pass the PAL first. Make haste as Harper is planning on ending challenging the tests altogether.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Don't know about Ontario but I challenged both my PAL/RPAL on the same day and passed both. Took 1.5 hr for the entire test!
    And saved $100 and at least 12 hrs of classroom and test time. This is BC.
    The caveat is you should read both the CFSC and CRFSC manuals and know all the material before attempting. My tester said that for a challenge, he cannot help in any way. You must also have a very sound knowledge in all types of firearms, their handling, safety and ammo types before attempting a challenge.

ok thank's you guys i'm just scratching my head because they would not sell me both course books at the same time .when i asked they told me I had to have my pal before I even bought the restricted course book could it just be the shop trying to penny pinch and make more

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    You can read the books for free online
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    You can challenge both on the same day. You just have to do the PAL one first and pass before they let you do the RPAL one.

Study manuals are free. See the stickies at the top of the Newbie forum section...
    CSSA Member

Why dont you just take the course, you might learn something you dont already know

Choice, it's beautiful.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 11-10-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Other than maybe asking someone about the practical part, for the written all you really need are the manuals. I didn't challenge, but read both before the course, and after going through the course, I for sure could have aced the written parts on manual reading alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast