Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eyewear Prescpription What Do You Do For The Range

Well black_valkyrie is certainly a pompous dick head. It's a free country, if people are fine with their glasses; they can do what they want, there is no need to insult them.

I know plenty of people who have been shooting for 40 years, never wore eye protection and never "shot their eyes out wearing unapproved safety wear." I don't recommend that, but calling people "dumb and dumber" for wearing prescription glasses with good coverage isn't necessary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    Appreciate your sweeping generalization. Your signature is interesting, not proud of the region you're from ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Valkyrie View Post
    Your pathetically uninformed statement about my signature only solidifies my "generalizations" about Calgary. Perhaps someone more learned from other parts of our Country can help you out with it.

For the record, his signature includes the quote "What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?".

This is a line from the movie No Country for Old Men. The line is spoken by Javier Bardem whilst playing the character of Anton Chigurh.

Great movie, I give it a 5 out of 5. You should check it out.

Now, back to the eye protection question - if you have benefits you may be able to get prescription safety glasses. That's what I did, and use.

Thanks Aragorn. Have set on the way with a set of Peltor M3.

Smith Pivlock Tacticals with contacts most of the time but I occasionally flip on prescription readers for some shooting (mostly pistol). Regular glasses are allowed at my range. Is there added risk with wearing regular glasses? Of course but it's small and I'm good with it for the same reason I didn't go with the anti meteor-strike upgrade for my roof when I had the shingles replaced a couple of years ago.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by salon_1928 View Post
    Smith Pivlock Tacticals with contacts most of the time but I occasionally flip on prescription readers for some shooting (mostly pistol). Regular glasses are allowed at my range. Is there added risk with wearing regular glasses? Of course but it's small and I'm good with it for the same reason I didn't go with the anti meteor-strike upgrade for my roof when I had the shingles replaced a couple of years ago.
    In many cases it comes down to the traditionally poor coverage of regular glasses, as well as the materials used. You really don't want broken glass near your eyes in the event of something like a ricochet bouncing back and hitting the lens.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Regular
    I bought these a few weeks ago from amazon when they were on sale for $9. They fit over the glasses, but they're really bulky and didn't sit on my nose very well.

I found these ones on ebay and they fit much better and will fit over most regular glasses. Only problem is there is a little bit of glare, but they do make a tinted version as well.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331329821770?...84.m1423.l2649

I purchased Smith Optics Aegis Arcs after reading through the link below. Not sure if this was posted in here, but he/they give a very thorough analysis on a variety of shooting glasses at different price points:

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-...lasses-review/

Couldn't be happier with my choice...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345