Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: S&j curved, shooters cut ar500 armor with line x anti spall!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evolture View Post
    I think the only trade off with AR500 is weight and xm193:

I think AR500 would be my choice for durability, size, and affordability.

well let me explain a few things about that really bad you tube video, it seems that you tube is becoming like facebook, any idiot can post.

1. yards is very, very close when it comes to stopping a rifle round.
    2. The person has no back stop, anyone that knows anything about armor knows you have to have the product against a soft back stock, blastic gel, or even a human shaped dummy.
    3. those plates are flat 1/4 inch AR500, they just make the grade for rifle plate. "if" they are heat treated and stress relieved correctly.
    4. NIJ standard is from 25m for all hard armor.
    5. Those plates are from AR500.com , who were found out this summer to be getting there steel fro ma mill in mexico, due to so much demand for "cheap ar500 plates" but they still say made in USA. many, many people are very unhappy with that that company.

To compare that with what we are offering.

1. made in Canada but an ISO 9001 ect company that provides plate defense contractors such as GD.
    2. 3/8th inch think custom HTSR AR500 to our spec.
    3 Cut via waterjet as to not stress and over heat the edge of the plates, then hand ground and finish edges.
    4. single formed curve on a 50 ton press, not triple punch formed on a die as that would stress the metal.
    5 re heat treated and stress relief after forming the single curved.
    6 we apply a US mil spec anti spall coating, as im sure others do, but this is not your standard truck bed liner, we heavy cote the plates to help with the spall, not just cote it to look good.

The only down side with our plates are weight, and the cost to make them in Canada, but they are still 1/2 the cost of ceramic plates, which you can drop and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    The only down side with our plates are weight, and the cost to make them in Canada, but they are still 1/2 the cost of ceramic plates, which you can drop and damage.
    The costs do not seem too bad considering the plates are going to sell out!

Quote Originally Posted by evolture View Post
    The costs do not seem too bad considering the plates are going to sell out!
    oww for sure, we just wish we could provide a product this good for less, but even with the very large order of plate steel its not possible, but the time everything is completed.
    we have had some emails where people are saying we are ripping people off, as they can by the same thing in the US for 100$.
    but trying to explain, its not the same thing and, shipping will cost you as much as the plate,as well as your need an export permit for them, and you have 90% chance the US DOJ,DOC,DOS or HS will just say NO!

As much as I know its just people talking, I still get offended when people say i,m ripping them off.
    bbb

Order placed!

I don't see any more carriers on your site. Can you recommend where I can find a quality one that will fit these, or are you getting more in sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    I don't see any more carriers on your site. Can you recommend where I can find a quality one that will fit these, or are you getting more in sometime?
    One shot tactical had some great products.
    If that not in your price range, 511 and black hawk made some ok basic carrier.
    First spear and SKD PiG are good also.
    Just stay away from Air soft stuff like condor.

did anyone weigh there S&J plates? I just did and it came out to 28 lbs for the 2 plates.

Did you guys accidentally send me the wrong one, since your ad states there about 4kg each, so it should be around 17 lbs.

I can't find decent carriers anywhere. It's like you guys caused a famine with all these well priced plates.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    did anyone weigh there S&J plates? I just did and it came out to 28 lbs for the 2 plates.

Did you guys accidentally send me the wrong one, since your ad states there about 4kg each, so it should be around 17 lbs.
    something must be broken on your end not possible for them to be that heavy
    bbb

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    I can't find decent carriers anywhere. It's like you guys caused a famine with all these well priced plates.
    try one shot tactical or ds tactical
    there is also some Canadian made products our there too
    bbb