Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: umm wonder what this might be...

So thats what happened to the skar chassis or whatever it was called. That gap is nasty. Good on you for bringing it to the light of day but meh
    NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    So thats what happened to the skar chassis or whatever it was called. That gap is nasty. Good on you for bringing it to the light of day but meh
    from what I understand that design was trying to use an converted ar15 mag which would be prohibited, as by being uses on that sks/stock would make do a prohibited weapon.

Question for you (I know this might not be the released version of the stock) but will the rail over the gas block be on level with the scope rail? I am thinking of having the front sight/bayo mount removed from my SKS and I would love to throw some BUS onto this system. It appears in the picture that the rail on the gas block is lower than the scope rail.

CGN frequent flyer
    Thought, what if there was some sort of quick release filler piece to go in the gap behind the receiver? It appears the SKS receiver is bolted to the stock at the back anyway, why not extend the upper rail (that will have to come off anyway) so it fills the gap? I LOVE the idea... don't listen the haters. The SKS is an unsung hero here in canada and suffers only from crap stocks and optics mounting options. I don't even have a problem with the duckbill mags personally. The ONLY thing Im not crazy about with this stock is the big gap at the back. A filler piece would just finish off the whole thing perfectly and id be on the look out for an SKS immediately.

Any word yet?

CGN Regular
    Definitely excited about this one. One of my sks' has a pretty rough stock so it would be nice to make look presentable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Congrats BadBoyBeeson! You've got a great product here and you've clearly done a ton of legwork sorting out production and distribution.

Thanks for bringing another great product to the Canadian market and for doing it with Canadian workers!

sorry to say, this was a joint projct with another party, and in the end it was sold off to another vendor, I do not know who.
    with all the mag adaptors hitting the market, this make this system a little dated.
    There is a mag adaptor system that will hit the canadian market for $99.99 this year, I just cant compete with that.
    And after all is is just an sks, no real market outside of Canada/usa

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Well at least you were rewarded for your work in the end.

Hopefully it works out well for your partner.

Maybe they will rework the mag well and create a far better product than a $99 mag well.

CGN Regular
    Regardless, she was a fine design. Keep up the great work, a pillar to the community!

P.S. if you have a prototype you want taken off your hands, fire off a PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567