Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Pietta's!

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Finally my kind of crowd! I love cowboy guns and leather rigs. Nice 6 shooters , I have a few open tops in BP and cartridge conversions but I'd love to own a pair of 1873 saa , not sure if I want 2 5.5" barrels , or 2 7.5" barrels ...or one 5.5 and one 7.5"
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    That's one of the setups I'm looking at. It's so hard to decide about leather! I wish there was a place with a few CAS holster setups on the shelf where I could go in an see/try them on.
    Glad you're enjoying your Pietta revolvers.

we also stock a large range of premium leather holsters:
    http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=74763

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    That's one of the setups I'm looking at. It's so hard to decide about leather! I wish there was a place with a few CAS holster setups on the shelf where I could go in an see/try them on.
    If you really want to see them in person best bet is to go to a few matches. I found the people to be super friendly and will certainly let you look and try on their leather. Heck they would even let you shoot their guns in a match or 2 to help you get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    Finally my kind of crowd! I love cowboy guns and leather rigs. Nice 6 shooters , I have a few open tops in BP and cartridge conversions but I'd love to own a pair of 1873 saa , not sure if I want 2 5.5" barrels , or 2 7.5" barrels ...or one 5.5 and one 7.5"
    If you plan on competing in CAS I would stay with the same barrel length for each pistol. That being said, you could get 3 lol. I love the open tops. I WILL get an 1851 Navy conversion in .38spl one day to make a Man with no name replica lol.

always wanted a 'cowboy' peacemaker, so i went with a 4 3/4"
    loved it so much got the 7 1/2"
    both with the faux ivory (in 357)...love them both
    (nice triggers, shoot piont of aim, though had to file front sight on 4 3/4")
    i know not ideal set up for CAS...barrel length should be the same,
    but they feel different enough to make them seem like two different guns (did i mention i love them?)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun-bob View Post
    always wanted a 'cowboy' peacemaker, so i went with a 4 3/4"
    loved it so much got the 7 1/2"
    both with the faux ivory (in 357)...love them both
    (nice triggers, shoot piont of aim, though had to file front sight on 4 3/4")
    i know not ideal set up for CAS...barrel length should be the same,
    but they feel different enough to make them seem like two different guns (did i mention i love them?)
    Hey bob could you post a pic of your revolvers with leather set up? I'd love to see what you're running. I was thinking on getting a 5.5 bbl and 7.5 bbl and running a straight right hand and right hand cross draw. Maybe even right twist draw for the 7.5

I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Just pulled the trigger and ordered my full evil roy rig with matching shotgun belt and bullet pouch from Mernickle. All for the low price of $625 (if the wife finds out I definitely will be headed for the hills lol) Hve to feel bad for the poor cows, have to cut a strip of leather from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail to wrap around me (sheesh). Can't wait tho, soooo excited YEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!

Can you send me a pic of your setup when you get it Paul?

Rob

Will do, should come in late December I would think.

They seem to be a nice shooting gun, especially for the money. Been wanting one for a few years, bought one from Marstar when they were on sale last year for $375 or $400, something like that. Got a 7.5 inch .357. Grip is a little small for my hand. Gun looks nice and shoots well too. Might get a 5 1/2 .45 colt with the larger tombstone grips sometime. Very happy with this SAA.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast