Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks for the Pietta's!

After lots of research and deliberation, I just ordered Kirkpatrick's "Long Hunter '09 Rig" (LH09) in a cross draw configuration. After converting the dollar and paying duty I'm sure the cost will hurt like heck, but the quality of their rigs is well known so I decided to go for it. Amazingly, the lady told me they are currently shipping about 2-3 weeks after ordering so that was great news for this impatient cowboy wanna-be. LOL
    "You can't be a leader if you don't know where you're going"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Just an FYI, but cross-draws come with a level of inconvenience for CAS. A lot of shooters get a DQ for drawing without twisting the body around enough to ensure the muzzle remains down-range. Caveat Emptor
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Well it took a bit longer to receive then I thought but finally its here, and its beautiful!!. I can't post pics because I'm not a paid member but trust me, the Mernickle was worth the wait. Didn't appreciate $106 ding from customs but ah well, governments gotta get their share I guess. The guns are in the holsters as I type this for the break in and the shotgun belt is fully loaded as well. Can't wait for the next match to see how it runs and if it gives me a better time then staging from the table. Next step, find someplace local to slick up the old double barrel I'm working with.

I have been using Piettas in CAS for about 8 yrs now. great guns. I started with Ruger NVs but somehow like the Piettas more.

Glad to hear the Pietta's are worth the money. I have been contemplating picking one up for a while now. Will do so when I am able to afford them. Great looking guns.

CGN Regular
    I picked up a pair of the Pietta Millenium models, 5.5" barrels, .357/.38, with hammer spur. Shortly after that they put some of the transfer bar models on their website.

I have a Marlin 1894 .357/.38 on order (for many months, waiting for them to start showing up in Canada), but will inspect in person before buying. In the mean time, I picked up a Rossi 20" octagonal barrel, case hardened receiver, .357/.38 and it was fine out of the box. I may work on the loading gate some day to reduce sharp edges and spring tension though as well as change the magazine follower.

I picked up a Norc 1897 pump to round out the firearms for my eventual jump to actually participate.

I haven't shot any of them that much yet and although I have a single right hand holster for my Ruger Single Six, I'll have to think about what to do for leather for the Pietta's. I want to drop into Barrie and be a spectator sometime this spring.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123