Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Pietta's!

Thanks for the Pietta's!

I'm gearing up for a foray into CAS. After lots of research I decided on a pair of Pietta 1873 "Peacemakers" for my pistols. I picked up the phone a week ago last Friday and called Marstar. The gentleman who helped me was very professional, checked stock for me and collected/confirmed all my info. Just 6 business days later, the box arrived!

These are the case coloured/blued walnut grip 5 1/2" model in .38/.357 (both are the same - angle of the early morning sun makes them look different). The fit/finish and apparent overall quality of these pistols is every bit as nice as I had hoped. Only disappointment is that one of them has a very nice 2.5# trigger pull and the other is 7# (!). No big deal but I'll certainly be correcting that issue ASAP.

I hit the range this morning with some Wolf 158gr. "Cowboy" 158gr. RN ammo and was not disappointed. The first order of business was the make sure the fixed sights were properly set and I was thrilled to find both shot exactly to my point of aim. the picture is of the first 5 rounds fired from each gun, slow fire at 10m. There's 3 double hits in there (can see if you zoom in) so needless to say I'm very happy with the accuracy!!

After first impressions and a box of ammo each, these Pietta's seem to be one heck of a bargain. I'll be looking forward to getting holstered up and playing cowboy soon.

Thanks, Marstar!

"You can't be a leader if you don't know where you're going"

Nice, I plan on ordering my leather sometime this week. Been trying to get into CAS for a few years now and finally think I have the time (had the guns for a couple years already).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul792 View Post
    Nice, I plan on ordering my leather sometime this week. Been trying to get into CAS for a few years now and finally think I have the time (had the guns for a couple years already).
    would you mind sharing ,where your getting the leather from. Thanks ...Brian

Going to be ordering the Evil Roy rig from mernickle holsters. Figure spend the money once and get everything as a package. Had to sell my 870 to finance it though lol.

Going to be ordering the Evil Roy rig from mernickle holsters. Figure spend the money once and get everything as a package. Had to sell my 870 to finance it though lol.
    Thanks for the info,I did the RPAL a month ago,and have got a uberti el patron ordered.

Nice, I've shot the El Patron in 45lc and really liked it. I went with the ruger sass matched pair in.357/.38spl. Have a nice Marlin stainless in the same caliber. And inherited my gramps Stevens SxS, chopped 8 inches of the top and is a sweet stage coach gun now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I'm gearing up for a foray into CAS. After lots of research I decided on a pair of Pietta 1873 "Peacemakers" for my pistols. I picked up the phone a week ago last Friday and called Marstar. The gentleman who helped me was very professional, checked stock for me and collected/confirmed all my info. Just 6 business days later, the box arrived!

These are the case coloured/blued walnut grip 5 1/2" model in .38/.357 (both are the same - angle of the early morning sun makes them look different). The fit/finish and apparent overall quality of these pistols is every bit as nice as I had hoped. Only disappointment is that one of them has a very nice 2.5# trigger pull and the other is 7# (!). No big deal but I'll certainly be correcting that issue ASAP.

I hit the range this morning with some Wolf 158gr. "Cowboy" 158gr. RN ammo and was not disappointed. The first order of business was the make sure the fixed sights were properly set and I was thrilled to find both shot exactly to my point of aim. the picture is of the first 5 rounds fired from each gun, slow fire at 10m. There's 3 double hits in there (can see if you zoom in) so needless to say I'm very happy with the accuracy!!

After first impressions and a box of ammo each, these Pietta's seem to be one heck of a bargain. I'll be looking forward to getting holstered up and playing cowboy soon.

Thanks, Marstar!

really nice pair of guns.

Nice, I've shot the El Patron in 45lc and really liked it. I went with the ruger sass matched pair in.357/.38spl. Have a nice Marlin stainless in the same caliber. And inherited my gramps Stevens SxS, chopped 8 inches of the top and is a sweet stage coach gun now.
    I had a hard time choosing,it's my first, I had to go with the old style 4 click , 45 lc.

They all look awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I had a hard time choosing,it's my first, I had to go with the old style 4 click , 45 lc.

They all look awesome though.
    Ya thats what the guy who's I shot said. But the cost of the .45lc compared to .38spl reloads is what sold me on the rugers. Well that and the stainless finish (I like shinny lol)

That's one of the setups I'm looking at. It's so hard to decide about leather! I wish there was a place with a few CAS holster setups on the shelf where I could go in an see/try them on.
    "You can't be a leader if you don't know where you're going"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast