Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 38 s&w

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Lack of 38 S&W availability is why I considered one of those Enfield revolvers and then decided to pass. It's too bad because they are interesting guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A LGS told me last week that they had a case in some months ago, but one guy came in and when he found out they had it, he bought it all!! So I ordered some and they said if they can get it, it would be spring! Sounds bad but really if we all order from our LGS or any of our sponsors, the companies that do make it, will realize there is demand and just maybe put it higher on the production list!
    Right now, with us just talking about it here, does not really get back to the manufacturer! So, put in an order and lets see what happens! I also think the sponsors who sell these cool guns,( mine is a Webley) have some resposibility to try and access ammo for them!
    I personally want around 500 rounds or more, will shoot them and then reload with the 200 graIn pills they were originally intended to fire!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Lack of 38 S&W availability is why I considered one of those Enfield revolvers and then decided to pass. It's too bad because they are interesting guns.
    Same here , I'd love to own one and for 300$ really ... It's still hard to pass up on a little piece of novelty. Everyone needs a webley or enfield in 38 s&w or .455. I still think the Brits should of kept the .455 instead of converting to the 38s&w
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

I love my old Enfield. I don't however like shooting it. Not that its not enjoyable but it is so darn hard to find ammo. I made some on a buddies press that shot a few off. Great bit of fun.

Won an auction on a colt .38 s&w. The calibre designation kept the bidding down, so I went and bought .38 s&w rounds at 40$/ a box at a dealer I'm not sure who is on this forum or not located in Vernon BC. Turns out the revolver was actually a .38 special! Bonus!!! Cheap easy to find rounds on a low bid auction win!

I playing around with trail boss for 38 S&W and .455, will do up a post on what I found in a bit.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Come again Colin?
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

CGN Regular
    I bought Lebaron's last box a week ago, for my Tanker. $100 per round! Any takers?

Lol. I'm sure you'll all find a box eventually

Howard2 and Colin are right: reloading is your answer, gentlemen.

I reload .38 for my S&W Victory model. It costs me about 15 cents/rd. or $7.50 for a box of 50. Others can do it for far less if they cast their own bullets, and I salute them, but I'd rather buy them ready-made.

It's not difficult, it's not expensive, I find it relaxing, enjoyable, and a good hobby for the winter.

ps to Colin: looking forward to your post, as I currently use W231, but I have recently bought my first bottle of Trailboss, and I love the simplicity of it's min/max load calculations! Can't wait to try it out.

Hi, quick update.

Rounds have been claimed. For what it's worth they are remington round nose.

Best of luck at finding some this side of the border.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12