Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elwood Epps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    HMM, yes we need open honest dialogue on this forum. The OP said he waited, called, then called again and then went to this site to voice what he experienced! No problem so far, I may have tried a few times over a few days at times that you would expect it to be not so busy. On Epps side, it is hunting season and likely their most busy time of year! Not making excuses, just observations. I would suggest to the Op to try calling early in the morning or different times. If you do not get satisfaction then let us know. I am sure they will make it right! This is why, when ordering on line or in person we need to have an order # or purchase order of some sort and yes a name of the individual who you delt with (Nick) would be great!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

BANNED
    Purchased a rifle from epps, they mailed the wrong gun. They expected me to cover their shipping mistake, back to the store and then pay a third time to ship the proper gun to me. No opology, no admittance of mistake on their part, they could have cared less. They will never see another cent of mine IMO their customer service is garbage.

I sent a message to them through CGN last week regarding a shotgun I was looking to order but I've yet to hear anything from them. At this point, I don't expect to. I've heard from some other dealers. Some were much quicker in getting back to me than others. I messaged (5) dealers and Epps is the only one that hasn't managed to contact me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Actually, you thought wrong.
    How about dealing with any perceived problems yourself, without complaining to strangers on the 'net.
    Not true !!......people do want to know. I have dealt with Epps for over 30 years (before Wes owned it)......most of the time its all good, but every once in a while sh!t happens. I'm sure Epps would want to know as well ? If we cant voice our opinion on here........then where ?

If it was easy......everyone would be doing it !!
    Member- CSSA , OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, OFMF

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    I sent a message to them through CGN last week regarding a shotgun I was looking to order but I've yet to hear anything from them. At this point, I don't expect to. I've heard from some other dealers. Some were much quicker in getting back to me than others. I messaged (5) dealers and Epps is the only one that hasn't managed to contact me in any way.
    I would send them an email through their website, not all sponsors are very active on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Actually, you thought wrong.
    How about dealing with any perceived problems yourself, without complaining to strangers on the 'net.
    Wow, that's a pretty asinine comment.
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

OP:

I just found this thread. Please contact me directly at info@ellwoodepps.com so I can look into this matter and find out what has happened to your order.

Thanks!

Kevin
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

BANNED
    Have bought guns, ammo and accessories at Epps both at the store and thru the internet and have had no problems.
    I have sold guns thru their website on consignment and have likewise not a single complaint.
    The Epps website is real time and if a firearm is advertised on the site you can be sure it is in stock.
    The only thing that could be construed as a criticism of Epps is that Wes and his staff are super busy and sometimes forget small details which they will happily correct if contacted.
    I have bought guns on the rare occassion from Epps that were a littlle more expensive than counterparts advertise on Cabelas.ca or Wholesale Sports because I'd rather deal with Epps because of the integrity of that operation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    We do not check the GunNutz boards on a regular basis. We are too busy answering E-mails sent directly to the store, as well as dealing with telephone and in-store customers. If you have questions, you are best advised to contact our store at 705.689.5333 and speak with anyone in the gun room. Alternately, you can reach us through E-mail at info@ellwoodepps.com. I answer E-mails as quickly as I am able.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Purchased a rifle from epps, they mailed the wrong gun. They expected me to cover their shipping mistake, back to the store and then pay a third time to ship the proper gun to me. No opology, no admittance of mistake on their part, they could have cared less. They will never see another cent of mine IMO their customer service is garbage.
    I had a different experience with Epps.

They mailed one of my rifle to the wrong address. Good thing I found out that the rifle was going to the wrong address before the rifle was delivered.
    The girl at Epps asked Canada Post to stop delivery and she send the rifle to my correct address. She also refunded original shipping fee.

I think they have good customer service from my experience.
    What?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast