Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: once you have PAL in hand how do you buy a rifle??

CGN frequent flyer
    If they try and check anything on the PAL aside from looking at it, make a huge scene in the store, call them fascist collaborators and run out.

CGN Regular
    They usually prefer cash or credit card, tried the two chickens and a donkey, didn't work.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBrant View Post
    And in a few months time ,your next question will be "where is the best place to buy a LARGE gun safe " LOL

You`ll see ,cause you really can`t stop at one !

Cheers and enjoy this great sport.

Paul T
    JUST a safe?
    My wife lost her store room.
    Every time I go to Edmonton I come home with at least 1 new toy.
    Just wait until you get your RPAL.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Seeing as how you live in BC, I'll give you a rundown of my recent experience.

First I browsed online for the firearm I wanted. I ended up with a Ruger 10/22 just to practice with.

Next, go to a store (I went to Canadian Tire), and simply "buy" it. You need your PAL and usually another piece of government ID (Driver's Licence).

The gun already came with a locking mechanism, and it was also non-restricted so technically that's all you need. But I got a soft case with it as well.

Hope this helped! Good luck.

Welcome to the fray lol.
    just to give you a heads up, wholesale sports will take your PAL, bring it in the back out of your sight and "run" the card with the RCMP to make sure it is valid. They did this to my wife, we cancelled the sale and walked out. For both of us, that PAL does not leave our sight, who knows if the employee scanned it for other uses.
    Done with fuds and cliques.

In BC it is as simple as walk in ask to see a gun, They ask for the PAL and depending on restrictions. You pays your money and you walks out with a shiny new rifle. I did just that.
    I ride a m/c. If you TEXT, drive and injure or kill me. Well my dad says life is not worth living. I don't know if that means him or you.

First gun I bought was online, a 12g Mossburg 500 combo from Cabelas ... next one I bought in a local store an SKS.... fast forward and I just bought my 2nd rifle safe and my second pistol safe.

The secret to owning a lot of guns is to get your wife into shooting like I did & make her think that some of the guns are for her
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Do yourself a favour... Follow my instructions:

Take the Golden Ears Bridge.
    Turn right onto Lougheed Highway
    Drive 4.2 Kilometers
    Stop at Wanstalls, located at 22338 Lougheeed Highway.

They'll fix you up right................

yeah ill say if they took your pal to the back and ran it threw the rcmp....... what else did they do with it ? threw it on the scanner copy it later change the picture and then sell it on the black market near vancouver airport (its mostley kids who work there) ..... yeah i would walk out also. also they (wholesale sports langley) seem to be more money then other places i seen on the google.

i have seen that Wanstalls was in mPLE RIDGE, HOW ARE THEY for service or do they blow smoke cuz i wouldn't know what im doing sorta speak.
    how about that other place in guilford on 104 they have been around for a long time smaller store....any experince?
    how about

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    First gun I bought was online, a 12g Mossburg 500 combo from Cabelas ... next one I bought in a local store an SKS.... fast forward and I just bought my 2nd rifle safe and my second pistol safe.

The secret to owning a lot of guns is to get your wife into shooting like I did & make her think that some of the guns are for her
    I left my wife alone in a gun store while I went up to the range to try out my new 1911 and came back down to the gun counter to find myself the proud owner of a CZ Mallard 12 gauge.
    In the words of the salesman "That will teach you to leave your wife alone with your PAL and a credit card".
    All the other guys in the store wanted to marry her right then.
    Last edited by greywolf67nt; 11-14-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12