Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: once you have PAL in hand how do you buy a rifle??

once you have PAL in hand how do you buy a rifle??

hey, kind of a stupid question i know i know. but thats why its in the newbie secion.
    anyways now that i have the PAL in hand how do you go about buying anything ?
    when you walk into the store what do they ask you?
    do they just ask for your licence and look at it make sure its current and then give it back to you or do they scan it or write stuff down off the pal or is it like buying beer just show it to the clerk and then go.??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Depends on your province and what specific store you go to.

In Quebec especially many retailers will still record your information so it can get filed under "Waste of time and money" in the government office.

Some other places still insist on recording information, usually for "warranty" purposes, or if they're just feeling particular.

Other places will take a look at your card, you pay, and away you go. That's how it went with the last gun I bought, and you would not believe that the world didn't stop spinning because my name's not written in another book.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Its pretty straight forward. You can walk into a store pick out what u want. Show ur PAL and buy your gun. Some places just look at it but others s not law to do so. But as long as you have your PAL in hand you can buy any NR rifle u want as long as you can pay for it. Shop around there are some good deals out there. I bought my first rifle from Canadian Tire, the whole procedure was suprisingly easy. A lot better than i thought it would be. Hope this helps. Post pics when you pick up ur rifle. Good luck

pick a gun, show the card, enjoy! they will check the expiry, picure, etc. no different really than buying beer.

Don't forget to tell him the secret handshake

Happy shooting welcome to the sport & CGN
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

And don't fall for that whole saliva sharing business. That hasn't been required since the 90's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    I walked into the store and said.

hahaha ok seems easy enough. was just wondering cuz they scraped the long gun regie so didnt think they needed any info if the gun isnt a glock or 1911 ect...
    will probably just get a .22lr from whole sale sports in langley

And in a few months time ,your next question will be "where is the best place to buy a LARGE gun safe " LOL

You`ll see ,cause you really can`t stop at one !

Cheers and enjoy this great sport.

Paul T
    NFA member
    CSSA member
    Delta Waterfowl member
    Ducks Unlimited member

I NEVER MET A LIBERAL ,I EVER LIKED. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by hittinghard View Post
    hey, kind of a stupid question i know i know. but thats why its in the newbie secion.
    anyways now that i have the PAL in hand how do you go about buying anything ?
    when you walk into the store what do they ask you?
    do they just ask for your licence and look at it make sure its current and then give it back to you or do they scan it or write stuff down off the pal or is it like buying beer just show it to the clerk and then go.??
    It depends on the store. Mostly they will usually take your card and kind of say something like Whoa a PAL this is legit. They may call over their coworkers and show them but after an hour or so of show and tell you will have a nice shiny new rifle. Sometimes they record your info, sometimes they record that they have checked your PAL other times they will call in to ensure you are who you say you are and all is well. Congrats on your PAL use it wisely ...
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast