Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What can I bring back over the boarder myself ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    If you are going to take something out of the US and into Canada you have to satisfy both country's regulations. The export and the import are two distinct processes governed by the laws of two separate countries.

There are things that you can legally import into Canada but you cannot export out of the US. Canada, for example allows you to legally import into Canada up to 5,000 rounds of ammo for personal use. However, the US does not allow the export out of the US even one single round of ammo without a valid export permit. So if you can figure out how to get 5,000 rounds into Canada from Europe or almost any country except the US, you can legally bring them into Canada. But you cannot do this legally from the US because of ITAR rules.
    So playing with words "import, export " what I meant it was for my own purpose ! Not for resale !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDan View Post
    So playing with words "import, export " what I meant it was for my own purpose ! Not for resale !
    It doesn't matter. When you import something into Canada from the US, you're exporting it from the US. You must respect BOTH countries laws in order to import/export items legally. When you do it for personal use, the rules are the same.

CGN Regular
    Just found this thread, how about trigger components? I just purchased an Apex FSS trigger kit for my S&W mp9 from amazon.com as I couldn't find a Canadian dealer that stocked the poly trigger kit. Item has already shipped, am I going to have issues having it crossing the border?

Super Moderator
    If it isn't coming from a licenced exporter, and if it flagged on the US side, you might lose it. The seller might be charged.
    Last edited by tiriaq; 11-24-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    Just found this thread, how about trigger components? I just purchased an Apex FSS trigger kit for my S&W mp9 from amazon.com as I couldn't find a Canadian dealer that stocked the poly trigger kit. Item has already shipped, am I going to have issues having it crossing the border?
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    If it isn't coming from a licenced exporter, and if it flagged on the US side, you might lose it. The seller might be charged.
    You could also be personally flagged from the name and address on the package and should you cross into the USA, You may experience problems.
    I ride a m/c. If you TEXT, drive and injure or kill me. Well my dad says life is not worth living. I don't know if that means him or you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Gas and Groceries, LOL
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    You could also be personally flagged from the name and address on the package and should you cross into the USA, You may experience problems.

Great >_<

Crossing back into quebec from vermont we encountered a us customs checkpoint on the vermont side. Asked a few questions. Showed them our passports and we were off. I had no gun stuff. However on a recent trip I went into a gander mountain store. A
    9mm ammo was more expensive there than here. Then you have to add the exchange and state sales tax. Doesn't pay pricewise or risk wise. I did pick up a laser bore sighter and AR wrench. Both are tools.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234