Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XM855, 62gr 556 NATO, SPECIAL!!!! $294.95 per 600

Got my 2 cases a week or so ago, haven't put it through its paces yet though :/
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Ahh..KK, I guess can't be too careful. I'm not a reloader{Yet}, but I have seen some & helped a bit, this reminded me of those. Kinda rough looking..lol.. even the foto doesnt do them justice, some of the dings are very noticeable :P with 2 or 3 of them per on some of them!

Quote Originally Posted by deagle2008 View Post
    That what I call quality rejected ammo sold to civis. Yes it is safe to shoot. Don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by deagle2008 View Post
    That what I call quality rejected ammo sold to civis.
    Mine also look like rejected ammo.
    But it was advertised as milspec ammo.

Also the ammo box pictured looked like military steel boxes but we received disposable plastic boxes. When it's not what it looks like I believe it should be specified.

Still not a bad deal but I'm surprised SFRC didn't describe properly this product.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    Its not something the dealer can describe. It all depends on the lot. I've had many 193s 855s and some are good some are bad. By bad I mean like small dents and stuff like that. Nothing changes. All the specs are perfect except their not pretty looking for their military contract so they throw them in a reject box to be repackage and renamed to XM and sold to civis , don't stress out over it and shoot away

They are the same plastic cans as in the picture and they aren't disposable, you can reuse them. It is XM855 ammo right off the military lines.

You didn't lie but you could have provided more details to avoid misunderstanding and disappointment. I would have buy some anyway but the customer I am would feel better about it.

Thank you anyway.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    Mine also look like rejected ammo.
    But it was advertised as milspec ammo.

Also the ammo box pictured looked like military steel boxes but we received disposable plastic boxes. When it's not what it looks like I believe it should be specified.

Still not a bad deal but I'm surprised SFRC didn't describe properly this product.
    That's definitely the same box in the picture as the one we received.
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    Wildphil I have to take sfrc side here, their ad does say PLASTIC CAN

Those are perfectly safe to shoot. The only time you really have to reconsider is if you find some that had a sharp crease in them. If you slide your thumbnail across the dent/crease and it catches at the bottom maybe put it aside. As for the "discolouration" it's called annealing. It's the way that they relieve the stress on the brass after working it. Annealed brass is actually better as it's less prone to splitting. The seating depth differences will cause variations in chamber pressures which in turn will give you a wider range of velocities. It's not a real concern for most plinkers as long as the crimp is still in the cannalure.
    I've bought several cans of this stuff and it always works as advertised. Happy shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    THANKS FROSTY!! .. Your answer explained it well! .. Don't melt now..I hear it getz hot down there!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast