Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Convince Norinco to make .303 ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popcanhunter View Post
    i was just sayin to my wife this morning i dont know why nobody has started producing lee enfields.

been used by militaries for over a century (100 years in canada alone), strong, dependable, works in any condition, battle tested, time proven.

i'd like to see mossberg produce some
    Lee Enfields require a large amount of hand fitting due to their design. AIA had trouble making a go of it at around $800 a pop a few years ago, and that was with all the little bits made in countries that have labour costs near slave wage. I'm sure a North American version would go well over $1000, and no one in their right mind would likely buy one while you can still easily find sporters at gun shows for $80-$125. It'd be like building brand new SKS's for $1200 a piece while Canadian Tire has them on the shelf for $169. The LE is also limited to .303 class cartridges due to the rear locking lug. It's not easily adaptable to fire many of the modern cartridges in demand.

And the Ross served till 1915-1916, not quite 100 years steady.
    Last edited by kennymo; 11-19-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Would prefer them to make 30-06 for similar quality, price as their .308/7.62nato.

That would be great, and a much larger customer base, imo.

they can make all the ammo in the world, but we still don't have a way of shipping it here

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Lee Enfields require a large amount of hand fitting due to their design. AIA had trouble making a go of it at around $800 a pop a few years ago, and that was with all the little bits made in countries that have labour costs near slave wage. I'm sure a North American version would go well over $1000, and no one in their right mind would likely buy one while you can still easily find sporters at gun shows for $80-$125. It'd be like building brand new SKS's for $1200 a piece while Canadian Tire has them on the shelf for $169. The LE is also limited to .303 class cartridges due to the rear locking lug. It's not easily adaptable to fire many of the modern cartridges in demand.

And the Ross served till 1915-1916, not quite 100 years steady.
    sorry, 99 years, 11 months

Unfortunately the market in Canada is far too limited for a company to restart the production on an unique caliber.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN frequent flyer Hightrailtracker's Avatar
    toooooooooo bad no one here in Canada could get their hands on a container of this stuff , I'd be in for 2 at least ..

Cheaper than Dirt

Brand: Military AMM-A13480X
    Item: AMM-A13480X
    UPC: AMM-A13480X

What a find! Original .303 British ammunition stored for many years in a military bunker in Greece. This is real military ammunition, not commercial loads, it is so accurate and loaded to Military specifications. Exact tolerances are required and that is exactly what this .303 British ammunition delivers.

Founded in 1874, Pyrkal, known as "Greek Powder and Cartridge Company", is one of the oldest Defense Industries in Greece. As the main producer of ammunition and explosives in the country, they have been a crucial supplier during all the military conflicts, and historically a well established exporter to five continents.

This is true Military Spec MK7Z Spitzer .303 British! This ammo has a 174 grain Full Metal Jacket bullet, brass cased, boxer primed, non-corrosive, and is reloadable. The Greek HXP (HXP is the headstamp code for the Greek Powder and Cartridge Company of Athens) .303 British is one of the most sought after surplus ammunition still available. This is the ammo you need if you shoot a Lee-Enfield, Lee-Metford, or a Martini-Enfield rifle.

As with any surplus ammunition, each and every round should be carefully inspected before use and we recommend cleaning your weapon.

This super deal is very limited and when this ammunition is gone, there will be no more. Buy now and take advantage of this great deal on grade A ammunition.

Caliber: .303 British
    Bullet: MK7Z Spitzer
    Grain Weight: 174
    Muzzle Velocity: 2440 fps
    Boxer Primed
    Reloadable
    480 Round bulk case packed in 48 round Boxes $ 189.00 US

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Cheaper Than Dirt in the US has Greek surplus available. It's too bad that no Canadian dealers are/were able to get their hands on some.
    That was good surplus, used to come in strippers cheap and shot well even in my J.C.
    Former Ford Fan

CGN Regular
    The Greek .303 was good stuff. I'm still hoarding a few bandoleers of the stuff I bought back in the late 80's. A cast bullet and 10 grains of Unique powder is the cheapest I reload that still makes a good target round and cheap.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Yeah, cheapest 303 I've located is $24 for Remington's UMC FMJ pack of 20.
    Even the Winchester SP Super X is $26 here.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    All the Norinco ammo is new old stock , most of it made in the 80s and 90s for the American market then a chinese arms ban happened in the US and china was left with all this ammo that supplied the rest of the world for years lol. once the NOS dries up its over for chinese ammo. Today to make ammo in China and then ship it here it will cost no less than US made stuff , Canam has stated this many times.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast