Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Convince Norinco to make .303 ammo

Convince Norinco to make .303 ammo

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Could ammo importers like yourself convince Norinco or the Chinese manufacturing arm of the Chinese government produce .303 ammo for every one that has an Enfield?
    I'd like to buy an Enfield but I cant be bothered having to locate brass, bullets and dies to make it worth my while to reload.
    Even if they used the .311 bullets from the cheap 7.62x39 ammo all they would have to do is come up with the steel cases for it. Crap, they are making 7.62 Russian how hard could it be. It would sell like hot-knives( I mean hot-cakes)
    “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Sheep spend their lives fearing the wolf- only to be slaughtered by the shepherd

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by quinnjoblow View Post
    I'd like to buy an Enfield but I cant be bothered having to locate brass, bullets and dies to make it worth my while to reload.
    They're fairly easy to find actually. With some calibers, reloading is a fact of life we have to deal with.I doubt Norinco .303 would be cheaper than Prvi in any case.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    They're fairly easy to find actually. With some calibers, reloading is a fact of life we have to deal with.I doubt Norinco .303 would be cheaper than Prvi in any case.
    prvi is the cheap stuff?
    whats it worth?

dont be putting a 311 bullet down a 308 barrel at 60,000PSI PLS

Quote Originally Posted by pearcetopher View Post
    dont be putting a 311 bullet down a 308 barrel at 60,000PSI PLS
    ?? Not a single caliber that's been mentioned has a 308 cal bore?

I've seen the prices going up for .303 recently. Could buy 20 rounds of PRVI and S&B for $19.99, but now they seem to be $25-29 range depending on where you can buy it. But .303 Winchester SP is sold at Canadian Tire and Walmart for around $30. Your local gun shop should have other options for cheaper. I always tell the gun shop to keep the .303 coming in cause I'll always come in and buy it. I shoot factory ammo and save the brass for when I get the space and money for a reloading station. Love the Enfield, buy one!! You wont regret it!

If there was demand they would do it. Unfortunately they have minimums that would make it profitable for them, and those minimums are big. Something like "we need to produce and have buyers for at least 5 million rounds" (i'm just guessing at that number). So on a caliber that is not in high demand for sporting or military purposes, you likely won't find it in bulk.
    "All a gun does is focus an explosion in one direction."

I'd rather pay $30 for Federal ammo than to blow up my Enfield with that chicom shyte.

good point, I thought I saw .308 ammo

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast