Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Store That Handgun Safely....But At The Ready...

CGN Regular
    Looks like a Ruger SR1911,fairly large gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Futter View Post
    You use a 460V for home defense? Guess you never know if you have grizzly bear kicking down your door for a home invasion... LOL

460V.....

Will my 2011 fit?

Twice the fun. Twice the manstopper power. Just make sure the assailants are standing close together!

j/k. I don't advocate shooting anyone
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

Quote Originally Posted by The Joe-Man View Post
    You can store loaded mags in the same safe as your handgun but I'm not sure if this one would have room for them.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the law states you can only have ammunition stored with a firearm IF the ammunition is securely stored separately, also from what I understand is loaded magazine stored together with firearm = loaded firearm which is a no no...
    "History dictates that unresponsive governments force ordinary people to do extraordinary things."

Quote Originally Posted by The Joe-Man View Post
    You can store loaded mags in the same safe as your handgun but I'm not sure if this one would have room for them.
    It does if the mag is neatly stored inside the gunhandle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SERGEANT PREPPER View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the law states you can only have ammunition stored with a firearm IF the ammunition is securely stored separately, also from what I understand is loaded magazine stored together with firearm = loaded firearm which is a no no...
    Whether it's in a safe or not, having a gun with a charged magazine loaded into it, is loaded.
    Having both a restricted and its charged magazine in the same safe, without the magazine being loaded into the gun, is not loaded.

You can store both unloaded guns and their ammunition, even if the ammunition is in a charged magazine, in the same safe. No need for the ammunition to be separately/additionally locked up.

Not the law, but an ok summary:
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm

The law, SOR-98/209, aka "Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations"
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-209.pdf
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    Whether it's in a safe or not, having a gun with a charged magazine loaded into it, is loaded.
    Having both a restricted and its charged magazine in the same safe, without the magazine being loaded into the gun, is not loaded.

You can store both unloaded guns and their ammunition, even if the ammunition is in a charged magazine, in the same safe. No need for the ammunition to be separately/additionally locked up.

Not the law, but an ok summary:
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm

The law, SOR-98/209, aka "Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations"
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-209.pdf

Years ago the instructor's at the rpal course informed us of what I thought was right, they must have been wrong, something changed, or it was there personal preference. Thanks for the correction rangebob.
    "History dictates that unresponsive governments force ordinary people to do extraordinary things."

I have been looking for a bedside safe like the Rapid Safe. I have read many reviews on this safe and it is junk. People have had to ship the safe with their gun in it to Hornady because it would not open, even with the key. Something like this has to be 100% reliable. 99.9% is not good enough for me. Awesome principal....terrible product.

Quote Originally Posted by SERGEANT PREPPER View Post
    Years ago the instructor's at the rpal course informed us of what I thought was right, they must have been wrong, something changed, or it was there personal preference. Thanks for the correction rangebob.

So, SO so so so so soooo many of these instructors are wrong about things it's horrifying.

I suppose by "so so so" many for me would be 3 instructors I have taken classes with in Ontario, and two more I've spoken with in gun shops in the same province.

Quote Originally Posted by bettieguitar View Post
    I have been looking for a bedside safe like the Rapid Safe. I have read many reviews on this safe and it is junk. People have had to ship the safe with their gun in it to Hornady because it would not open, even with the key. Something like this has to be 100% reliable. 99.9% is not good enough for me. Awesome principal....terrible product.
    I have no problem with anyone posting a negative review on a product we sell but please keep it to a review based on your personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I have no problem with anyone posting a negative review on a product we sell but please keep it to a review based on your personal experience.
    Just block the troll like I did months ago.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast