Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Store That Handgun Safely....But At The Ready...

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar

Store That Handgun Safely....But At The Ready...

Want to keep your handgun readily accessible but still secure and to conform with our storage laws?

Hornady has a couple of solutions that just might be what you are looking for.

The first is the Hornady Rapid Gun Safe.

This safe offers a very fast, touch-free entry. It used a Radio Frequency Identification to allow instant access to your firearms or valuables.
    All you need to do is place the provided wristband, keyfob or card over the reader and the safe springs open to allow you access.

The price on this unit is $260.00 plus tax and shipping.

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...-Gun-Safe.aspx

The second unit is the Hornady Shackle Box.

This is a traditional small locking box built from heavy 16 gauge steel.

Price on these is $55.00 plus shipping and tax.
    http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...ackle-Box.aspx
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

The first one looks cool, but would it conform to our storage laws? I was under the impression that a handgun had to be double locked, and it doesn't look like you would be able to double lock it. Plus I don't think you can have a loaded magazine. I mean if you don't need to have it double locked its kinda cool, but then you have to have your ammo stored somewhere else.

Edit - Just reread it "This safe" - so this little contraption is classified as a safe? That changes things. So technically it wouldn't need to be double locked..right?

Quote Originally Posted by gusamoto View Post
    The first one looks cool, but would it conform to our storage laws? I was under the impression that a handgun had to be double locked, and it doesn't look like you would be able to double lock it. Plus I don't think you can have a loaded magazine. I mean if you don't need to have it double locked its kinda cool, but then you have to have your ammo stored somewhere else.

Edit - Just reread it "This safe" - so this little contraption is classified as a safe? That changes things. So technically it wouldn't need to be double locked..right?
    That first unit meets all the criteria of a safe. So it does change the storage requirements. Check out the CFA for exact details.

You can store loaded mags in the same safe as your handgun but I'm not sure if this one would have room for them.
    We stand on guard for thee.

CGN Regular
    Does the Hornady Shackle Box meet the requirements for a safe as well? Seems like it would have more room in it for the loaded mags.

EDIT - answered my own question with more looking.
    Last edited by Boneman; 11-19-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photog_shooter View Post
    Does the Hornady Shackle Box meet the requirements for a safe as well? Seems like it would have more room in it for the loaded mags.
    That one there isn't a safe, it is just a compact lockable storage box.

The gun safe looks good. It's hard to tell what would fit in it though. Would a 1911 fit? I doubt my 460V would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by KeltecFan View Post
    The gun safe looks good. It's hard to tell what would fit in it though. Would a 1911 fit? I doubt my 460V would fit.
    That sure looks like a sig sauer or gsg full size 1911 in the display picture.

If you ever had to "use" a firearm in self defense I would recommend a non-restricted! LOL
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast